Super hero movies
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 05:01:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Super hero movies  (Read 38827 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 06:11:57 PM »

Well, I've seen Thor, Green Lantern, X-men, and Transformers.  Pretty satisfied with all of them.  Saw a few of them in 3D and it's pretty cool, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $.  Some will very likely disagree.  Looking forward to Captain America in a few weeks. 

Anyone else see any of these yet?

Flee the fleas!
Talisinbear
Duke

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »

XMen was underwhelming

Thor and GL excellent

Transformers this week

oh and Super 8 was trash
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2011, 12:40:17 AM »

I thought Thor was an excellent movie. I was put off going to see Green Lantern by the trailer Sad

Looking forward to Captain America though.
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2011, 12:59:41 AM »

XMen was underwhelming

Thor and GL excellent

Transformers this week

oh and Super 8 was trash

Your review order is hilarious. Not sure if that was intentional. The reviewers literally said the opposite. They said X-Men was the best in the series, Super 8 was great, Thor was okay, and Green Lantern was terrible. Transformers, better than the last movie but still pretty bad.

I saw X-Men First Class and thought it was pretty good. Not great, but definitely better than X-Men 3 (which sucked!). I chose not to see Thor but plan to see Captain America. Green Lantern does nothing for me.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »

I liked super 8.  I liked the kids and other characters, but didn't really like the alien.  I thought the movie was kind of an E.T./Alien mashup. 

Thor is worth seeing, I think.  Green Lantern was decent.  I hear it is pretty true to the comics.  Transformers is just eye candy.  The stories are always kinda cheesy, but I liked the Apollo tie-in.  I enjoyed X-men, especially the stories and cameos.

Flee the fleas!
MrBlu
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »

Thor
X-Men
Green Lantern
Transformers 3

Loved Thor, I thought it tied well into the Marvelverse of movies.  I actually quite like X-Men also, maybe as much or more than the original trilogy.  I thought Green Lantern was a fun movie, it was just like the comics.  I just saw Transformers today and I loved it too, easily best of the three movies.  That's the only one I saw in 3D and I liked that aspect also. 

I'm very much looking forward to Captain America.  I think it's going to be pretty good too; I've loved everything I've seen from trailers and online. 
FennShysa
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »

I saw Transformers Tuesday night at midnight and was very impressed. Better than the 2nd for sure, maybe than the 1st (in my opinion). Wish i had seen it in 3d. I like 3d.

Haven't got to see the others yet, though I just watched I Am Number 4. Liked it a lot.

Interestingly enough, much of Super 8 was filmed in Weirton, WV, less than 20 miles from where I live. My sister-in-law was down there when the tanks were parked all over the town. Someone pulled on of them right up to the light and had the barrel pointed at where the cars stop for the day. One thing they did that was very cool, was any businesses that didn't fit in the 70's had their signs covered over with other signs from our area of the Ohio Valley.  Two that they took from right where I live were the Glenmoor Superette and James Locke Jewelers. So if you happen to notice those in the background........ cool little bit of trivia for you.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 07:55:36 AM »

I saw them in this order too.

Thor
X-Men
Green Lantern
Transformers 3

I thought Thor and Green Lantern were the closest to the essence of the comic genre, and because of that they were the most entertaining for me.

As far as non-stop action you couldn't beat Transformers - it was a blast to watch and Optimus' battle scene at the end capped it perfectly. It's what you had been pulling for the entire movie. Well that and for Bee not to bite it.

I really liked the story line for X-Men, and the cameos were great. Kevin Bacon is really good in a demonic role. I enjoyed all the backstory aspect.

Looking forward to Captain America too.

Believe it or not my wife has been into all of these and has gone to every one with me. An interest in comics is something new for her but she is enjoying them. She's looking forward to Captain America but for her that is second fiddle to Harry.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 02:50:50 AM »

Believe it or not my wife has been into all of these and has gone to every one with me. An interest in comics is something new for her but she is enjoying them. She's looking forward to Captain America but for her that is second fiddle to Harry.
It was my wife that wanted to see Thor after watching the trailer. I wasn't too bothered by it, but we went to see it and  must say that her choice in movie was a really good one! I was surprised that she suggested a super hero movie as that is not what she usually goes for. It is also her choice to see Captain America, but I doubt she'll come and see The Hobbit next year with me.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 09:37:30 AM »

So I saw Captain America yesterday and it was pretty good I thought.  If you see it, remember to sit through the credits!

There is a teaser trailer out now for The Dark Knight Rises.  It's pretty interesting if you haven't seen it yet.

Flee the fleas!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 10:04:23 AM »

So I saw Captain America yesterday and it was pretty good I thought.  If you see it, remember to sit through the credits!

There is a teaser trailer out now for The Dark Knight Rises.  It's pretty interesting if you haven't seen it yet.

CK, do you mean the teaser at the end of your movie was The Dark Knight Rises? If so, that's interesting. Our teaser at the end was something different than that.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »

So I saw Captain America yesterday and it was pretty good I thought.  If you see it, remember to sit through the credits!

There is a teaser trailer out now for The Dark Knight Rises.  It's pretty interesting if you haven't seen it yet.

CK, do you mean the teaser at the end of your movie was The Dark Knight Rises? If so, that's interesting. Our teaser at the end was something different than that.

No, I saw the Batman trailer online.

Flee the fleas!
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 04:22:17 AM »

What do you think of 'The Amazing Spider Man'? This is the 'reboot' film, scheduled for 2012. Does Spider Man need a 'reboot'? Were you happy with the Raimi's films?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:00:29 AM by Joff » Logged
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 07:36:20 AM »

They were OK.  The reboot looks like it will be pretty good.  It's always interesting to see different takes on superheros.  I am disappointed though that Nolin isn't going to make anymore Batman movies. 

Superhero movies can be made and remade forever.  People will always pay to see them.

Flee the fleas!
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2011, 10:28:17 AM »

I hated the Tim Burton Batman film (and the others in this series). When I first saw the opening to the film, it looked promising but, and I might get tons of flak for this, Jack Nicholson's Joker was awful and made the film silly. It didn't get any better in the following films either. However, the 'reboot' Batman films (Nolans) have been absolutely excellent.

It was the same with Hulk. Lee's adaptation was not a good one at all. It probably wasn't Lee's fault, he had to deal with an entire generation growing up to love Bill Bixby and unfortunately the movie goer was expecting to see echoes of the TV series. The 'reboot' was much better and gave nice 'nods' to the TV series.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: