Unread posts...?
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 05:21:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unread posts...?  (Read 5283 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: June 07, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the unread posts don't show up when you click the link?  Is there a fix to that?

Flee the fleas!
canada steve
Global Moderator
Marquis

Merit: 7

Forum Moderator

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:03:34 AM »

Nope cant say I have mate.

Cheers

Canada Steve
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:21:26 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the unread posts don't show up when you click the link?  Is there a fix to that?
Do remember that unless you sign out, you are logged in for 15 minutes from your last forum activity (e.g. clicking on a thread) after you close the browser.  Any posts made during those 15 minutes won't show up as "Unread posts since your last visit".   The fix would be to logout at the end of every session you make, and then login at the beginning of every session.  That is just messy.  I don't do that.  Since there's only a small amount of posts and forums to read, I just click on the individual forums that has a new update everytime I come to the forums, instead of using that "Unread post" link on the top.

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 06:28:20 PM »

In addition to what Novelty posted, there is another technical reason that escapes me for the moment, but the forum software designers made it that way on purpose. I think it had something to do with this way being more efficient on server cycles for larger forums.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: