Extra functionality for the wagons
Carcassonne Central
April 28, 2024, 07:45:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extra functionality for the wagons  (Read 5757 times)
Ailurus
Freeman

Merit: 12

WWW Awards
« on: July 21, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »

Hi all,

I've been reading the forum for some time, there are some nice ideas around!
One variant I sometimes play is the following:

You can place your wagon on its side (like a farmer) on a road, it will stay there until the end of the game. This road connects cities, cloisters and cult places. In the end of the game, you get 3 points for every completed city which is connected to your "trading route", and 2 points per cloister/cult place (which are connected by roads).

A picture to clarify it:

One thing to notice, when you place your wagon like this, you don't get points for the road. You or somebody else can deploy a follower on that same road! In the picture above, the yellow player has deployed his wagon in the new way, later on the green player claimed the road by deploying an ordinary follower on it.

So in the end, the yellow player gets 22 points for his trading route: 6 connected finished cities (black rectangles), 3 points each (note that the trading route continues after the not-finished city) and two connected cloisters (white rectangles), 2 points each (they don't have to be surrounded by 8 tiles to count!). At the time of the picture I didn't own "Cult, Siege and Creativity" yet, that's why they are not in the picture.

If there are 3/4-way crossroads with the houses or the 3-way crossroads with the trees in your trading route, it continues (whereas the normal roads don't, when we play). This prevents the crossroads from being boring tiles (at least, that is what happens when we play Wink)

I hope it's clear, English is not my native language so there may be some confusing things. I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.
I really like it, the way you place the tiles with a city-piece connected with a road changes quite a bit, it's nice to make a large trading route Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:46:56 PM by Ailurus » Logged
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 03:03:37 PM »

Nice idea! It is similar to Kevin Graham's Trading Posts... but different! I like it Smiley
Lakoda
Freeman

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:40:30 AM »

OMG, finally a use for Barns (we don't like them or use them). I'm so going to use this but with barns instead. Thank you for sharing!
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »

Nice Variant. Thanks!!!

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
chr15lynn
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 7