Extra functionality for the different tokens
Carcassonne Central
April 27, 2024, 11:36:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extra functionality for the different tokens  (Read 4710 times)
Ailurus
Freeman

Merit: 12

WWW Awards
« on: August 01, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »

Yep, another "Extra Functionality" topic Smiley. I think it would be nice if you could do something with your earned tokens, instead of waiting 'till the end of the game and earn some points (it would become a choice you make).

I don't have much ideas yet, but I thought I should share it with you. However I've thought of a few things:
- Grain tokens: improve the value of your mill if you play with Mills&Bakeries, or feed one of your followers and make it grow (i.e. upgrade it to a big follower or mayor, like the Orders of Chivalry).
- Cloth or Cacao token: Distract the Princess when she wants to tempt your knight
- Wine: Get a follower of a player who is in the same city or road, drunk; because there are many wine tokens, you need more of them to get his/her follower drunk. Not sure yet what will happen with the drunk follower Grin

- No extra use for the Gold/Medicine tokens yet (although there already is the opportunity to trade your medicine token).

Those are the different tokens I use at the moment. Please feel free to expand the list or add some functionality!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:51:41 AM by Ailurus » Logged
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:19:04 PM »

- Wine: Get a follower of a player who is in the same city or road, drunk; because there are many wine tokens, you need more of them to get his/her follower drunk. Not sure yet what will happen with the drunk follower Grin

Prevents a player from connecting roads or farms where they have meeples, as the meeples are too drunk to make a good decision. So if you play a wine token onto a follower, that player can not connect it to another road/farm that they control.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 07:57:28 AM »

Since those tokens are worth 10 points at the end of the game, most of those suggestions aren't worth giving up the token for except for the cloth preventing the princess from removing a follower.  Chances are, your city is going to earn you more than 10 points so it's worth saving. 

The only way that I'd use the other tokens was if I didn't have the most amount of them.  So, I was thinking for the grain token, you could use it to protect your farmer from being eaten by the dragon.  Farmers usually score at least 10 points.

Perhaps for the wine token, you can use it to get a farmer drunk and then move that farmer to a different field on the same tile as long as the other field isn't already occupied.  You could use this effect on either your own farmer or on an opponent's farmer.  The only other thing that would have to be specified is when you allowed to do this.  At any time?  Before you draw a tile? Before scoring takes place?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: