Carcassonne: By Order of the King
Carcassonne Central
April 24, 2024, 11:00:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne: By Order of the King  (Read 47150 times)
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »

Me too, but due to the reorganization required to make my Monarch Wars draft readable, I probably will miss my opportunity to print my cards cheaply. Thanks for the link, though, because I may print By Order of the King and I can still use this site later...it will just cost me about $50 (although buying in bulk appears to save!).

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 01:54:49 AM »

I thought i'd give you a bit of an update on the ArtsCow deck that I ordered. Although this was a Pandemic! expansion, I thought it would be nice to show you some of the pics. The cards arrived 5 days after I placed my order (that's from Hong Kong to UK). The cards arrived in a padded envelope, which, when opened, was found to contain the cards in their own plastic card case. The cards were very well cut, nice rounded corners and the print was pretty good. All in all, i'm well pleased with how they turned out. I will definately be ordering from them again. In fact, I have a couple of projects that I have been working upon already. They are both entered in the 2009 Themed Rummy Contest hosted on BGG (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/438467... if you like the ideas, don't forget the thumbs Wink  Grin)

These cards would be ideal for creating your own games (I am thinking of By Order of the King). Just need access to the artwork from JPutt927.

Anyway, here are the pics:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:57:15 AM by Joff » Logged
djdahmer
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 12:11:56 AM »

What's the current status of this? I don't recall seeing it on the fan-made customs page. Is it still a work-in-progress, or am I just going blind? I have to say this has me intrigued - I'd love to see how this plays.
Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 12:06:50 PM »

I've been waiting for a long time for this expansion to get finished.  I don't know how I missed the links on the 1st post for the rules and cards.  So, I read through the rules and did some proofreading. Most things seem pretty straight forward.  Here's my suggested edits:

-"King's Order" is capitalized everywhere except in the "Extra Pieces" section.

=Fulfilling the King's Requirements
A player’s feature does not need to match the picture shown, as long as they still it meets the card’s requirements.

=Fulfillment clarifications
-For consistency with the paragraph titles, whenever you mention meeting the requirements on a card, it should something like "fulfilling the King's Order" instead of "completing a King's Order". The latter could get confused with completing a feature.

"In the examples on the left, the card states that the King’s Order will be complete fulfilled when a road connected to two complete cities (example 1), or a road connected to a city of at least 4 tiles (example 2) is completed."
? - The card implies that when 'you' complete the objective, which sounds like you have to be the one to play the last tile to complete the last uncompleted feature to meet the requirement.  The sentence in the rules does not mention anything who has to complete the features, so it sounds like as long as the features on the board, then you have fullfilled the King's Order.  Which is it supposed to be?

The majority of the tower site must be positioned within the city for it to be considered meet the requirements.

=Receiving additional cards
-In the first paragraph, there are many incidents where a single player is mentioned, then later in the sentence that player is referred with the words "they" or "their".  The references should be changed to "he/she" or "his/her".

If at any time a player is holding 3 or more cards that require placing scoring a farmer, that player may discard at least 2 of those cards at the beginning of their next turn.
-So you have to discard a minimum of 2 two cards?  Can all of the cards be discarded?

"A player must show these cards to the rest of the players at the time of the discard."
? - Does this mean that all the conflicting cards are shown to the other players or just the cards that are discarded?

=Final Scoring
The player who has completed the most King’s Order cards over the course of the game will receives 10 additional points.

=King's Order 3.pdf
Complete a road consisting of at least 3 tiles and a complete a city on each both ends
JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Merit: 32

Conquering the world...One tile at a time.

Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »

Nearly a year later... I've finally decided to try and get this expansion officially posted to the downloads section once and for all. I've made a few minor changes to the rules, and updated the link. In my opinion, it's good to go.

Also, I've created 10 new King's Order cards to coincide with both the Wheel of Fortune and the Bridges, Castles, and Bazaars Expansions.

Here are their links... 

Wheel of Fortune - http://www.mediafire.com/?0inyeezzyu5
Bridges, Castles, and Bazaars - http://www.mediafire.com/?zzznwyi1lni

I hope you all enjoy this expansion, if you haven't already. It's time to get this site rollin' again! We need to pick up the activity.

Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 12:34:28 PM »

Cool!  And here I was thinking that it was only going to be me and Novelty.

The new cards look good.  I've yet to actually play with this expansion. I just haven't gotten around to printing out the cards yet.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »

I'm getting trouble downloading page 12.  Is anyone getting problems with that page?

Edit: I found an old copy.  I've added this to the public downloads page.  Merit for you sir!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:45:50 PM by Novelty » Logged

cmueri
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2010, 02:28:27 AM »

I am currently interested in making a german version of "By Order of the King" because all the Carcassonne stuff I own so far is in german, that's why I really like to know which font you used on your 98 expansion-cards?

PS: I won't change the copyright and won't use the german cards for distribution, unless you like to distribute them by yourself.
JPutt927
Authors
Duke

Merit: 32

Conquering the world...One tile at a time.

Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 08:40:01 PM »

The font used is called "Blackmoor LET". Feel free to translate it to German for your personal use. I appreciate you keeping the copyright as is.  Smiley
Bietje
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 10:31:01 PM »

My little niece and I are addicted to Carcassonne. I am currently translating this expansion in Dutch for her (and me). Of course I will leave the copyright as it is. Credits to whom deserve the credits.
Thank you for this fantastic expansion.
cmueri
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 09:21:38 AM »

In the meantime I finished my german version of "By Order of the King". I named it "Im Auftrag des Königs" and used another font than the original, but I think it fits quite good as well. The rules I didn't translate, that would be quite too much unnecessary work if you ask me.

And here's the link, feel free to use it!
http://rapidshare.com/files/405329389/Im_Auftrag_des_Koenigs.zip

(PS: you can only download the link 10 times, someone with more experience in uploading may upload it to a better server)
markus
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 05:39:10 AM »

Hallo cmueri,

ein dreifach Hoch für die Übersetzung und tolle Arbeit, ich kann nun endlich eine CC-Erweiterung ohne babelfish und Verwirrung spielen.

Vielen Dank
loganmann1
Duke

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 01:23:35 PM »

Has anyone ever converted this into a printable deck (via artscow or somewhere).  Thats a bit of a daunting task but would sure be great.  There seemed to be talk about it some time ago so I wanted to see what might have happened since.
Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:06 AM »

Good idea, but it'd be at least 2 decks (I counted 98 cards), so that's at least $20 just for this expansion. So if this were to happen, we could make 10 more cards to get to 108 (54 per deck). Although, for myself, I was going to see if I can't get a friend to print them off since he designs and makes his own games.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 06:10:01 AM »

Good idea, but it'd be at least 2 decks (I counted 98 cards), so that's at least $20 just for this expansion.
From ArtsCow I would wait for a coupon offer and pick the expansion up for $2.99 a deck (inclusive of shipping!).
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: