Roadblocks and road tolls
Carcassonne Central
April 28, 2024, 10:22:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Roadblocks and road tolls  (Read 31611 times)
elmendalerenda
Freeman

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »

Thanks.  Cool

Well, guess have to wait for the rest of the people to give the green light.

Will try to make the rules with the template. The biggest problem i find is how to place the icon of the catan city that will be used as toll house on the template. Also how to make examples of tile placement and scoring. Any help would be really apreciated.
Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 01:44:43 PM »

The fan-based expansion Monestaries also used the Catan houses.  It doesn't show a picture of them by the description, but there is a footnote that mentions where to get the pieces and the fact that you may have to paint some since some of the colors are different.

If you have a pic already that you want to use and you're using MS Word, then I'd suggest inserting a 1x2 table and putting the pic in one box and the description in another.

I'm not sure how other people make examples for their instructions.  If I were to do it, I'd go to my photo editing program and start a huge blank drawing and then copy and paste everything into it and the crop it down.
elmendalerenda
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »

Hi again, just finished the first draft of the toll house rules. How can I share it the rest of the people to get feedback?

Unluckily my computer is for gaming, so dont have any image or photo programs (dont even have the microsoft office) so if somebody could give a hand with the examples, he can add his name to the credits  Wink

Regards
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 11:09:01 AM »

My guess would be meepleater or Joff.  Those guys are pretty good.  JPutt is also very good, but has been quite busy lately and hasn't been around much.  You could PM them.

Flee the fleas!
elmendalerenda
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 11:27:41 AM »

Well I´ll wait for somebodys offer Smiley

Anywhere where i can post the draft?
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »

There is nowhere on this site.  You should upload it onto media fire or another file sharing site (or your own site) and post the link here.  That's the standard practice.

Flee the fleas!
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 03:47:17 PM »

Hi again, just finished the first draft of the toll house rules. How can I share it the rest of the people to get feedback?

Unluckily my computer is for gaming, so dont have any image or photo programs (dont even have the microsoft office) so if somebody could give a hand with the examples, he can add his name to the credits  Wink

Regards

I guess i can give the examples a shot- PM me what do you need done.

elmendalerenda
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycjblzhzxwy

First draft of the rules, let me know what do you think.
Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 09:34:48 AM »

Do you just want thoughts for now and spelling and grammar checking later?

I did come up with a couple more questions that probably should be mentioned somewhere in the rules:

1.  If the toll house is deployed to one of the intersecting roads is on an inn, does that road count as zero?  I'd imagine that any followers would still count as part of the majority when scoring for the roads though.

2. If there's a tie, do all the participating players get all the points?

3. If there are no followers on any of the connecting roads, then are no points given?
elmendalerenda
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 11:35:41 AM »

1.  If the toll house is deployed to one of the intersecting roads is on an inn, does that road count as zero?  I'd imagine that any followers would still count as part of the majority when scoring for the roads though.

Hum, guess you are talking about scoring uncompleted roads when the toll house is placed. In this case the scoring counts all roads as if were completed, so roads with inns give two points per tile (more customers to be taxed Wink )

2. If there's a tie, do all the participating players get all the points?

Yes

3. If there are no followers on any of the connecting roads, then are no points given?
No points given

Also been talking with meepleater about the final scoring capability for the toll house, do you think 3 points per completed road is fair? or to make it more powerful as the barn is, all completed roads touching the toll house are scored again?
Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 12:15:55 PM »

I think 3 points is fair, or 4 points at the max.  But I think scoring all the roads again would be over kill.
elmendalerenda
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 12:20:48 PM »

Say that about the barn, scores the cities twice during the game. Definitely thats an over kill meeple.

Also scoring the roads at the end would promote making long roads rather than making 2 tiles roads just to get the bonus

Lets see what the rest of the people have to say Smiley  Any thoughts are well come

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »

I reckon score 3 points for each completed connected road (connected being like trading post, with connection ended by cloister, tower or city)

Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2009, 07:41:33 PM »

Just to check to make sure that I'm understanding what you're saying correctly:  In the example below, if someone was able to hoard all the major intersections into one area, blue would score 3 points for each finished road, so that would be 21 points?
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »

That's what I think, I think elmendalerenda was going for 9 points.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: