WTB: Can someone help me get hold of GQ11?
Carcassonne Central
April 23, 2024, 12:24:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Can someone help me get hold of GQ11?  (Read 34799 times)
Barak
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 07:07:48 AM »

Does anyone know of a UK site that sells the GQ 11 expansion? It would save alot of money if there was one but all the sites I seem to find are overseas which means I have to pay shipping and things.
Thanks
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »

I'll have to see if I have any left... I'm a bit behind, having been at home ill for a bit (sorry Sherpa, gonna get on it soon as I'm able!).

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Barak
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 11:51:38 PM »

Sherpa? is that me?
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »

no, Sherpa is another member

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Wishmaster
Count

Merit: 4

I've got Purple Meeples!

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 05:06:53 PM »

This is probably not a lot of help but a quick look on UK eBay shows several US sellers for GQ11

http://tinyurl.com/2wqp3b

Fixed your URL as to avoid scrollbar

/Moderator
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:52:49 PM by Tobias » Logged

Time for one more daring dream...
Barak
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 12:20:20 AM »

Thanks that seems like my best bet.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 11:47:31 PM »

Hi all.

I have just purchased a copy of GQ11 from ebay UK. It has come from the US and has cost me £8.49 ($16.78). Although that is quite expensive, I am interested in the split spring tile! I am currently looking at getting the Cathers expansion, but that is expensive for 4 tiles! I had read that this was in Knucklebones magazine, but have not found out about getting hold of that. I also read that there was an expansion in GQ13, but not sure if this is correct or what it was. Any ideas?
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 10:51:31 PM »

It is my understanding that Cathars was only in Spielbox. Rio Grande tried to get it included with GQ13, but Spielbox enforced their exclusivity rights and prevented that from happening. At the same time, GQ ceased publication. Knucklebones stepped in and graciously offered to take on the GQ subscriber base, and I think I did see some talk from Knucklebones about including expansions to games in future issues, but any talk about Cathars in Knucklebones was just wishful thinking. A re-release of the expansion from GQ11 is more likely to happen, either in Knucklebones or separately like Fisherman of Catan.

Spielbox has exclusive rights to Cathars, so the only way it will be re-released is if they do another Almanac or give up their exclusivity and allow Rio Grande (and possibly HiG) to distribute. They feel that allowing Rio Grande to distribute would diminish the value of Cathars to their (Spielbox's) subscriber base. I think it is quite a shame.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 09:11:16 PM »

I know the GQ11 has been scarce lately.  I found THIS on ebay.  Get it while the gettin's good! 

Flee the fleas!
Boondocker
Freeman

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »

I'm a relatively recent convert to Carcassonne, but I've got the collecting bug now. I recently got ahold of Games Quarterly #11 from titangames (through Amazon.com). I thought I'd share the link for any American collectors (unfortunately, I'm unsure whether they ship anywhere but the U.S.; I'm in Canada and had to ship to a U.S. border town).

My magazine, and more importantly, my tiles, came quickly and in great condition.
CARC_Zoner
Authors
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »

Hey all,

I tried to order from Amazon.ca, but the GQ11 was not offered.

Amazon.com had some copies, as Boondocker noted, but I got this message when trying to have it shipped to my Canadian address:

"Games Quarterly Winter 2006 cannot be shipped to the selected address."

More reasearch is required...

CARC_Zoner

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 08:03:14 PM »

You could find someone in the U.S. to ship it to and have them pass it on to you.  I'd be willing I guess.

Flee the fleas!
MrBlu
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 03:31:26 PM »

I'd be willing also.  I live in Indiana.  I would have no issues talking on the phone or anything.  I know I'm relatively new around these parts, but I'll throw it out there.
joshgambit
Vassal

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 03:43:33 AM »

I'm almost 100% positive that my FLGS (Friendly, Local Game Store) has several copies on the shelf.  I believe they're about $8.00 each.  I could pick one (or two) up and send them your way...
CARC_Zoner
Authors
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »

Hello everyone,

Happily, relatives on my wife's side of the family living in Texas were more than willing to let me ship the magazine to them.  Once it arrives, they will then forward it on to our address in Canada.  I just finished placing the order on Amazon.com.

Thanks to Boondocker for the initial lead on the available GQ#11 issue and also to CKorfmann, MrBlu, and joshgambit for their willingness to assist me in obtaining a copy.  Smiley

It is clear that Carcassonne Central is more than a website, but a community!

CARC_Zoner
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: