AotC: The Walls of Jericho (completed)
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 05:57:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AotC: The Walls of Jericho (completed)  (Read 11925 times)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:47:55 AM »

Quote from: Joff
The Walls of Jericho ... this one will probably be similar to the Siege/Cathar tiles. We have both thought of the same Biblical event here

How to implement? If a player held the 'scarlet cord' card, if they find that they are in the city of Jericho when the walls come down, they would be allowed to score for the city... others occupying at the time do not score... something like that!

I think it would be better to keep this simple, like Cathars. The expansion comes with four tiles, each depicting a segment of the city wall (i.e. any city tile except CCCC). A scarlet cord hanging from a window indicates that this is a siege tile. When the city is completed, it scores only 1 point per tile.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 06:56:29 PM by Scott » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 07:18:17 PM »

I like this one.  How would the cathar escape mechanism work with this though?

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:11:06 PM »

Just a few questions; how would the one-use-prophets come into this? Can they escape from besieged city (allowing you to besiege your own city in order to remove your prophet and then re-placing it onto a city that would yield more points)? Would their doubling effect counteract the sieging effect (and thus a player having lost the one use of their prophet due to a siege when a normal reusable follower could have scored just as many points if the siege was not there)? What about the effect the siege tiles have on fields in carc (the city being worth double)? How could that be translated into AotC? Just a few things to consider...

EDIT: the scarlet cord might not be conspicuous enough, maybe a section of destroyed wall?

I like this one.  How would the cathar escape mechanism work with this though?

Wouldn't it just work with temples instead of cloisters? Maybe the the siege (adjacent to any part of the city) rule would be better than the cathar (adjacent to the siege tile) as there are less temple tiles than cloisters in carc.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:18:26 AM »

It might not be ideal, but there could be a symbol used on the tile similar to the priest symbol used on the Cathers tile.  Perhaps we could "borrow" the silk image from T&B.

I'd love to help you guys work on this some more (as well as all the rest), but I've been out of town for several weeks and will be gone at least three more after today.  Looking forward to getting back so I can work on these with you (and sleep in my own bed!).

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »

I think regular followers would require an adjacent temple to escape as meepleater suggested, but I would be inclined to allow prophets to escape regardless. I'm also open to the idea of having the prophet negate the siege effect, either as an alternative or in addition. That way you can nerf your own city to get your prophet back, or you can save your city by deploying your prophet if another player is doing the nerfing.

Since fields are not scored in relation to cities, the siege tiles would have no effect there.

I like CKorfmann's idea on the symbol to aid the cord.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »

The city and all that is in it must be set apart for the Lord, except for Rahab the prostitute and all who are with her in her house, because she hid the spies we sent. (Joshua 6:17)

Extra Pieces

4 new land tiles

Preparation

The four new land tiles should be mixed in with the other land tiles.

Placing a Tile

When a tile with a scarlet cord and trumpet symbol is added to a city, that city is said to be besieged. Any prophets in the city are immediately returned to their respective owner.

Scoring a Completed City

Whenever a besieged city is completed during the course of play, each tile and scroll scores only 1 point instead of the usual 2. Should the city remain incomplete at the end of the game, it scores no points during the final scoring.

Escaping a Besieged City

It is possible to escape a besieged city via a neighboring temple. If a temple directly borders the besieged city - even diagonally - then at the end of a player's turn, he or she may remove one follower from the city and return it to their supply.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »

Made an attempt at the tiles myself:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xd7xojfe5z84l5f

neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards