Modern Marvels Expansion
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 07:09:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Marvels Expansion  (Read 8489 times)
loganmann1
Duke

Merit: 6

Awards
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

So with so many expansions in the world of Carcassonne I found myself wondering what else could really be added? What was missing?  The answer...Modern Marvels!

ROAD CONSTRUCTION: When this tile is added to a road: no wagon may travel past the constructions and no new road tiles may be played...ever!

BP: To be played with the river or Fishermen expansions.  All farms touching the river with the BP tile score no points at the end of the game.

And no picture of our day and age could ever be complete without...

Mcdonalds: When Mcdonalds is played you may place a follower as a Customer.  As long as your Customer is in play, all other players must end every sentence with "would you like fries with that?"  When the Mcdonalds is completely surrounded (like a cloister) you may return your meeple to your supply.  This meeple is considered "Supersized." A supersized meeple counts as 3 when counting majority.  Any feature scored with a supersized meeple gets minus 10 points.

Any other ideas for Modern Marvels?

(PS For those of you who are sarcasm illiterate...this is a joke)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 05:36:39 AM »

LOL @ the MickeyD tile.  I like these tiles.

Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 07:37:46 AM »

ROAD CONSTRUCTION: They didn't have that type of equipment back then.

BP: I don't think that they dig for oil in the rivers around Carcassonne

MCDONALDS: Why would they build a McDonalds with nothing around it?

LoL.  I kid. The tiles are pretty funny.  Actually, I'd suggest changing the rules of the McDonalds to "If you have a follower in your supply, you MUST place one on McDonalds when you draw the tile."

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any expansions (official or fan-made) that requires you to place a follower when you draw it. Perhaps this mechanic could be incorporated into a future expansion?
djdahmer
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »

Just 3 more tiles & you've got a nice wee mini-expansion... Grin
So who's going to draw up the rules for this one? Wink
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:56:41 AM »

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any expansions (official or fan-made) that requires you to place a follower when you draw it. Perhaps this mechanic could be incorporated into a future expansion?
I like it.

Flee the fleas!
loganmann1
Duke

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »

What about a dungeon tile.  Your meeple is thrown in the dungeon immediately.  If you have one in your supply it comes from there, if not it comes from a follower in play on the board.  I'd say you could throw somebody elses but that could be a huge affect, but I guess it encourages you to keep your followers in play.

Maybe this is to much like ghettos and in the stocks though.
Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 04:11:05 AM »

Dungeon isn't very modern. Change the name to maximum security prison and you might have a winner. ;-) Maybe have it so that whoever has the most points loses a normal follower for the rest of the game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: