Reconstruction Expansion
Carcassonne Central
April 18, 2024, 10:47:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reconstruction Expansion  (Read 12146 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »

My wife had a very interesting idea tonight.  Each player would recieve into their supply three pieces of tile.  They would not be whole tiles, but small cut out sections, one of a city (half a two-tile city), one field split by a road (possibly ending in some obstruction), and one farm.  The idea is to use it at some point in the game to lay on top of another tile to alter a tile/feature on one edge.  It might look something like this:

Four pieces might be better.  Two farm sections, one to stop a road and the other with a city wall along the curved edge to butt against a city.  That's just my 2 cents though... maybe just a cent and a half.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:11:16 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
loganmann1
Duke

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:57:48 PM »

So it would overlay ala the castle to be a new feature?  I can see potential with this.  Would you only allow it to be played in conjunction with a tile you are laying at the time or would you allow it to be played onto a neighboring tile (like you can with bridges) to then better attach to the tile you play?
Boondocker
Freeman

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:19:22 AM »

Neat idea! As loganmann1 says, they could be like bridges, allowing otherwise illegal tile placements.
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:33:55 AM »

I think that this has potential. 1 question though ..... would a player lay this tile instead of drawing and placing a tile ? or would he first draw and lay a tile and then lay this piece of tile additionally ?
The Broox
Villein

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:39:16 AM »

My group has been prototyping a similar system. We call it tile editing. We play them very similar to bridges, as in you can play it on a tile that you just played or one adjacent to it.
loganmann1
Duke

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:33:52 AM »

I really like this idea with the principle of playing the same way bridges do such that they can be on the tile played or on the neighboring tile to make a connection.

Things I'd consider including:
1) certainly the single partial city pictured above
2) possibly the single edged city that needles across to the far corner as introduced in Princess and the Dragon
3) a road ending in a house...

If we considered a 2 sided adjustment as well you could do a diagonal 2 sided city piece and a curving road...but as I type this I think i prefer just a single side adaptation.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:41:20 AM »

I think that this has potential. 1 question though ..... would a player lay this tile instead of drawing and placing a tile ? or would he first draw and lay a tile and then lay this piece of tile additionally?
My initial thought was that it would be instead of drawing a tile, but then thinking it over, in order to alter an already existing city, there would have to already be an illegal tile placement.  Anyway, my wife's intention, and from the feedback, what seems to be the best option, is for it to be laid along with drawing another tile either on it, or one adjacent. 

Flee the fleas!
loganmann1
Duke

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »

*Bump*

Anyone willing to have a go at graphics for this?
palkan
Villein

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 12:42:27 AM »

And what about to finish this expansion? Any interest? I can try
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 05:34:11 AM »

I can help, but I'm no good with graphics.

Flee the fleas!
palkan
Villein

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »

I can help, but I'm no good with graphics.

And I can try to make a graphics)
Fritz_Spinne
Freeman

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 10:26:28 AM »

So let's collect the pieces we need for this expansion:

A one edge with a small city (half football) without city-gate

B one edge with the smallest city (half football) with city-gate and a very short street

C one edge with a short street ending by a house.

D one edge with a street nearly half the tile long

Not much so far, are there any suggestions?

A and C will fit on a field without street, B will fit on a field with street. D wil fit to make a crossing The pieces should be so small they even fit on a field with cloister. D will fit to make a junction on a field with a street or a 3-way junction.

I would not like a small portion of a field, because an existing road or an existing area of the city has to be teared down, this is implausible. This only occurs by fire or when too many people died of the plague.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 08:29:07 AM »

I would not like a small portion of a field, because an existing road or an existing area of the city has to be teared down, this is implausible. This only occurs by fire or when too many people died of the plague.

This could be accomplished by putting something on the segment that would end the road, but I think you're right, there are enough ways to enlarge fields as it is.

Flee the fleas!
quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 06:33:48 AM »

I believe that attacking these pieces of clear plastic tiles, like plexiglass.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: