Lighthouse Guard
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 10:08:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lighthouse Guard  (Read 14769 times)
The Juts
Cottager

Merit: 1

Awards
« on: February 17, 2011, 05:03:28 AM »

Lighthouse Guard

My wife and I have created together an extension. Most of the work, drafting and design, is the work of my wife . I put them in the correct format and put it to PDF. Actually, I would like to make it again, because the board is just a little too small, and some tiles just haven't the right format. But now that the PDF should be good.

The Rules.

In the middle of the region of Carcassonne you can find is a large and busy lake. On a large rock in the middle of the lake is an important fortress with a lighthouse. The tower is unmanned and for you,as quickly as possible, get a new keeper.

Contents
• 24 water tiles
• seaweed 4 tiles
• 6 boats
• Sharks 2
• Game Board Lake

Preparation
Shake the new tiles and put them separate from the regular game tiles. Place the lighthouse in the middle of the castle. Place the boats and sharks ready next to the board.

New tiles
The game begins with the castle and the lake center of the table.
The new tiles are as the beginning of the game by the usual rules applied. In every city, grass-land, monastery or road may be serfs bets. Serfs in a pasture can be used to get no boat to sail to the castle.

Sharks and seaweed
If all water tiles are set, the game briefly interrupted. Seaweed and shark tile (s) now, starting with the youngest player, and to cheer clockwise randomly placed on the lake. Exception: If players are not a city road to the monastery or water, only those players possess the status of seaweed and shark (s) decide.
For 3 players or less there will be two sharks in the game. For 4 players or more just a shark.

The Lighthouse
Any player a city, road or monastery on the water has reduced the usual number of points given above + 3. Thereafter, a boat moored at the city, road or monastery where the serf who has just been unlocked in sits. From the next turn, the sail Aquarius. (Once the lighthouse in the hands of a player expires this rule)
The player can turn if he has to choose whether to tile land grabs from the game. If he does not, he may instead the boat with his serf a tile horizontally or vertically move. The boat may never return to the tile where it came from.

Is there a boat on a tile with seaweed, then the next turn on the player not sailing. He might draw a tile land and building.
Each player in turn choose not to place serf may instead move the shark a tile. Does the tile with a shark boat then the boat back to town, monastery or away from home and the player on the serf in his stock back. The boat should be put into operation again by the next player with a free serf, however, points to the city, road or monastery had been forgiven and so do not again.

Whoever first docks his boat at the castle, the next turn the lighthouse claim. He earns 25 points but will not be his follower. This remains as lighthouse keeper at the castle behind.
Anyone who is a follower as a waterman in the boat should sit his first boat to sail back to his city, road or monastery for the serf he can take back in his possession. So the same navigation rules. The water-men can not be directly deployed on land tiles, even though the lighthouse is already occupied.

The tile river water can only be used in conjunction with River I and II.
The tile through road and guest house can only be used with the extension.

For the PDF, see http://www.carcassonne-forum.co.cc/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=330
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:32:27 AM by The Juts » Logged
The Juts
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:28:56 AM »

Complete board
De Toren
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:31:43 AM by The Juts » Logged
Ailurus
Freeman

Merit: 12

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:30:40 AM »

Hi Wout, welcome to the international Carcassonne Forums, nice to see a fellow Dutchie around Cheesy

I have to say that the lake is rather big, 49 tiles is quite a number to print. Furthermore, they don't connect very well at the border, you might do some work on that Smiley. My idea is, why not make it 4x4 or perhaps even 3x3? That way it might be more accessible to others, and it will be easier to retouch the artwork as well.

Unfortunately I don't completely understand the description, but since I've read it on the Dutch Forums I can say there are some nice mechanics in this expansion.
The Juts
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 05:43:51 AM »

We discussed the size, but it's fun to play it like this. About the tiles, I should make them again so they are perfect. It was our very first fan-made expansion.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: