wheel of fate rules q
Carcassonne Central
April 27, 2024, 07:34:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wheel of fate rules q  (Read 3134 times)
jcardwell3rd
Vassal

Merit: 5

You can put it there if you want, you dont have to

WWW Awards
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »

So.
I have a few q for wheel of fate rules.
So there are three things to score during the tax scoring. Count your knights...do mayors, and wagons count as knights?  # of penants in a city x # of your knights in a city...got it. But help me understand the third part...number of other nights in the city, is thus per knight?

For famine, does farm majority count? Do castles compleyed castles count as cities?

While we are on castles, if a castle knight is removed by a means other than castle scoring is it considered completed or just when all six surrounding tiles are layed.

I will ask more as I remember/play more.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
III

Could you place this for me? Over there. Nope, Spin, Spin, The other way. Over a little, little more. THERE!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »

Can 't speak officially, but here is how we play.

Any follower vying for control of a city is a knight, regardless of what type follower it is (regular, big, mayor or wagon (or phantom)), just as any on other respective features are robbers, monks & farmers. The tax scoring is the total number of your knights and pennants in a city times the number of your knights in that city. Do this for each city you occupy. And it follows that the type of follower does not affect scoring, except that a mayor with no pennants would score no points.

We play that majority for farms does not matter, and each farmer (follower that is on a farm) collects 1 point for each city on the farm. If there are 4 cities on a farm that has 2 of your followers - you collect 8 points. Barns do not count. We don't count Castles as they are not technically cities.

Your question on the status of an empty castle is a good one. I don't think we've come across that in our play. The rules state that the castle is completed only when a feature, with at least one segment within the vicinity of the castle, is completed. I would reason that if any such feature is completed, the castle must be considered complete - and not available to occupy. So that is, if there are no completed features within the vicinity of the castle, the castle may be entered by a magic gate. The status of the 6 tiles defining the vicinity is not relevant. Does that make sense?

Hope this helps. I didn't look up the CAR to see if these have been addressed so there may be more help there.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: