Start Tiles.
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 02:03:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Tiles.  (Read 29940 times)
FennShysa
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: May 27, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »

Hola.  New guy here.  I've got a gaming group who loves carcassonne. I've started to make some of these fine expansions. Finished the Forests, Fisherman, Mills & Bakeries, Gold Mines, Breweries, City Council, and a few odds and ends. I'm going to post a thread on how i did it later with some pictures.  Haven't played with them yet but i'll give some session reports too.

However i have one big request (or a lot of little requests). I would like some starting tiles for the expansions. Would that be possible?  I have a few ideas in mind.

A single with: Forest, City, Road, Field.
A single with: River, City, Road, Field.
A double with some combination of : Forest, River, City, Road, Field.

We also play a lot with the Count. Almost all the time actually. I saw one thread where someone modified the city with a lake in it for fishermen expansion. I like.  However would someone be willing to modify the outside of the city to have one with starting Forests spaces, one with starting River spaces and one with both? 
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »

I thought I posted these ages ago, but perhaps not. I made four start tiles, one with a river, one with a mountain, one with a forest, and one with just a hillside (separating the fields). They aren't sized correctly, but you can do that yourself for now:

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
FennShysa
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »

It's possible that you may have posted them somewhere and I just didn't find them. I don't think they are in the downloads section though.

Either way, thank you!  That's definitely a good start for what I'm looking for.
CARC_Zoner
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 04:48:58 AM »

I made four start tiles, one with a river, one with a mountain, one with a forest, and one with just a hillside (separating the fields).

Beautiful work, Whaleyland!

CARC_Zoner
FennShysa
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »

I have printed and constructed them. Thank you!

Is anyone interested in tackling my other ideas eventually?  The 4x3 city with outside modifications and a double start tile with River and Forest added?
Cappy
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:52 AM »

It's been a couple of months, but if you're still interested, FennShysa, what do you think of this layout?

It's purely rough draft right now. If you like it, I'll tackle a full-scale pass on the tiles that changed.

(And, yeah, it's a bad idea to let forest grow right up to the city walls, but watcha gonna do? Smiley )
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:43:26 AM by Cappy » Logged
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 12:23:02 PM »

I like this city-scape but I do have a few suggestions:
• Have all the forests not touch the walls, per the reasons you implied.
• Change the river source to a lake.
• Add a mountain to the top tile where the forest currently is.
• Add a hillside on one of the bottom field tiles.
These would take into effect most of the fan expansion and would also further divide the fields.

Cappy
Authors
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »

I like this city-scape but I do have a few suggestions:
• Have all the forests not touch the walls, per the reasons you implied.
• Change the river source to a lake.
• Add a mountain to the top tile where the forest currently is.
• Add a hillside on one of the bottom field tiles.
These would take into effect most of the fan expansion and would also further divide the fields.

I hear you, but will let others weigh in before jumping on it.

1) Don't rivers always start with a spring? Wouldn't it be odd to build from a lake?

2) A hillside? Which expansion is that from? Do you mean the cliffs from the forest expansion?
FennShysa
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:35:21 AM »

That's very awesome!
I'm perfectly happy with whatever you will do. (The forest to the walls doesn't really bother me.) If it's not too much work, could you do it in 3 versions? One with just the river, one with just forest and one with both?

The only problem I see is that where you put the River start tile is where i think the place is to place the count and meeples for the foresters.

A mountain start would be ok too. But not necessary for me.

Whatever you do, thank you for tackling this!! Smiley
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »

I hear you, but will let others weigh in before jumping on it.

1) Don't rivers always start with a spring? Wouldn't it be odd to build from a lake?
Not nearly as odd as having a city prompt a spring...unless it was a filthy run-off stream that no sane person would ever drink from. I've started games with a lake before and ended it with the source. It only matters at the end of the game for visual purposes.

2) A hillside? Which expansion is that from? Do you mean the cliffs from the forest expansion?

Yes, I meant the cliffs, I think.

Cappy
Authors
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 09:40:02 AM »

Not nearly as odd as having a city prompt a spring...unless it was a filthy run-off stream that no sane person would ever drink from.
Cheesy Cheesy

It does look funny to have a rivers starting at the city... I'll see what I can do.

The lake inside of the city was just me fiddling, I'll probably leave it out in the final run -- wouldn't want the Count and woodsmen to be homeless.
FennShysa
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »

I don't know how anyone's drawing skills are, but i just had an idea.  While the lake inside the city looks a little odd, maybe a fountain could be squeezed onto tile 6 for the Rivers.
FennShysa
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 03:49:43 PM »

I've managed to do up a couple variations on the City so far.
City With River
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/FennShysa/Source%20Art/CityWithRiver.jpg
City With Forests
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/FennShysa/Source%20Art/CityWithWoods.jpg
City With Forests and River
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m218/FennShysa/Source%20Art/CityWithRiverWoods.jpg
If anyone wants a better quality pdf of these just let me know, i'll e-mail or figure out somewhere to host.
Ulstergeki
Cottager

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »

I would love the pdf of these!
great job!
neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 03:43:54 AM »

Could You do with mountains? I like way that You publish it cause when I want to play with river I will just change one tile, when I want to play with forests. Thats prety cool. I wolud like to see something similiar for mountains. That way I could personalize my Carcassonne City for any game. If You can, I would ask form more special features on thouse cities. That way there would be more ways to personalize City of Carcassonne.

btw. I was thinking that City could be done in similiar way that puzzles does. That way the pieces wouldn't slip when You place meeple.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: