Start Tiles.
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 11:16:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Tiles.  (Read 30119 times)
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 10:46:02 AM »

I personally would print this as 1 single large starting tile.
neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »

Well, I play Carcassonne with diffrent exps each time, so I don't need to have in starting tile mountains when I don't have them in tiles pile.

But when You don't have mountains or forests then I would agree to one large tile.
Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 12:35:30 PM »

I would personally print all of the options as 1 single large tile and use the version whichever I need to play with regarding the expansions I would like to play with  Wink
I don't have the mountains printed yet, so I would leave that one out for now.
markus
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 02:14:40 PM »

Hy FennShysa,

I love the new Start Tiles. But they remember me to a forgotten expansion. Whaleland had in 2009 the idea of a Moated City. Maybe you can make this idea real. If it is possible to erase the space between the two city walls and fill them with water and ad two river tiles, on the right and and one the left wall, one for fresh water and the second for the used water.

What do you think, is it possible?Huh???
FennShysa
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »

Cool.  I'm glad people are interested. I wasn't sure if I was the only one who played the count regularly.

1. I'll try and get the pdfs hosted somewhere. Maybe just a google docs download as that is what i usually do.
2. I print each version as one large starting tile on a full sheet label and stick it on chipboard of an approximate thickness with the tiles. No plans to split them or make them puzzley.
3. I too remember the moat idea and would love to do it. But that (and any additional city features) is probably beyond my photoshop abilities.
4. Mountains are doable. What combinations do you want? M, M-R, M-F, M-R-F?
Jimb
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »

I don't get the idea of this "starting tiles"... how do you use it? why do you want to print it as one big tile ?
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 12:09:49 PM »

I don't get the idea of this "starting tiles"... how do you use it?

Quote from: RGG Rules
Place the starting tile face up in the middle of the table.

Sorry couldn't resist. Grin

Jimb
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 01:23:19 PM »

ooh.. thats something new Cheesy

You know what I mean.

what is the sense of such a large tile?
Sekim
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »

I don't get the idea of this "starting tiles"... how do you use it? why do you want to print it as one big tile ?

Why the hassle with a lot of small tiles when they are arranged the same way each time anyway ?
Just take a look at the 12 tile city layout. 1 large tile would have made it a lot easier to set up and keep it in place.
GAKDragon
Villein

Merit: 2

WWW Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 04:31:42 PM »

Just take a look at the 12 tile city layout. 1 large tile would have made it a lot easier to set up and keep it in place.

Which is why I printed a good-quality scan someone did of the City and stuck the label to a piece of sturdy cardboard. 
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »

I don't get the idea of this "starting tiles"... how do you use it? why do you want to print it as one big tile?

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Count of Carcassonne expansion?  The 12-tile city that everyone is making reference to (and altering the graphics of) starts on the table in place of (or in addition to) the original starting tile from the base game.  Hopefully that clears things up for you a bit.

Flee the fleas!
Jimb
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 11:37:01 AM »

I don't get the idea of this "starting tiles"... how do you use it? why do you want to print it as one big tile?

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the Count of Carcassonne expansion?  The 12-tile city that everyone is making reference to (and altering the graphics of) starts on the table in place of (or in addition to) the original starting tile from the base game.  Hopefully that clears things up for you a bit.
I'm not .. thanks for explanation
i just read about this expansion .. it's quite difficult to understand ..
Do you play using rules like in this expansion?
or the city is used only as a starting tile with a bigger possibility to attach different components such as city, road, or field?
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »

I'm not .. thanks for explanation
i just read about this expansion .. it's quite difficult to understand ..
Do you play using rules like in this expansion?
or the city is used only as a starting tile with a bigger possibility to attach different components such as city, road, or field?

Yes, those rules can be tricky.  I suspect that the majority of people who want to use these modified starting cities will use them as starters only and not use the 'Count' rules.

Flee the fleas!
GAKDragon
Villein

Merit: 2

WWW Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 04:40:35 AM »

Since I almost always play with the river, I just toss the game's regular start tile in with the other tiles. 
FennShysa
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »

Since i saw the downloads are now working i went ahead and made my 3 variant cities into pdfs and uploaded them. It hasn't been approved yet but this is the link.

http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=174
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: