olive tree orchards
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 03:26:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: olive tree orchards  (Read 11466 times)
wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 2

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:51:11 AM »

just for the fun of new tiles...no additional rules, unless someone wants to come up with some
I made these for my own personal use, and just wanted to share them with you all

the image of the building is extracted from another game however, so dunno about copywright...probably cannot distribute this
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:26:35 AM by wellidesigns » Logged

plays with all official expansions + Gold Mines,Jousting tournament, Lavendar fields, Forests (partial), The orders of Chivalry, In the stocks, The gallows, archery tournament, the outpost, apothecaries and tithes, wells, wheatfields, grim reaple, Market commons and a lot of other german expansions.
Talisinbear
Duke

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:12:25 AM »

be easy to have related token and use same as other trade goods
wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »

close-up

plays with all official expansions + Gold Mines,Jousting tournament, Lavendar fields, Forests (partial), The orders of Chivalry, In the stocks, The gallows, archery tournament, the outpost, apothecaries and tithes, wells, wheatfields, grim reaple, Market commons and a lot of other german expansions.
Dave
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:55:29 PM »

to make cider

1 pulp the fruit or mill the fruit (a mill tile)
2 press the pulp (a press tile)
3 ferment the juice (a brewery)

now it sounds all involved

what i meant was

a field I have a farmer in, I draw an olive orchard tile and add it to my farm (this makes my farm a little more valuable (either like adding a pig farm or an extra city) then I draw a mill tile and add that to my farm (now my farm can make olive oil) increasing my farms value still further like another pig or another city?)

A mill with nothing to "mill" earns the farm no extra bonus.

or completing the mill in the same farm as the orchard
either earns the farms majority holder, or the player of the tile that completed the mill an olive oil token

does that

This week I are mostly eatin trade tokens
Dave
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »

sorry

ignore the does that:)

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:07:49 PM »

olive tree - olive oil
vineyards - grapejuice - wine
melons ??
sunflowers - sunflower oil + dried seeds (can be used to bake bread)

Dave
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »

wheat can be wine or bread or beer
melon can be juice
lavender err was that for honey?, so mead or candles or just honey

Dave
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 01:59:13 PM »

With lavender fields you had bee tokens awarded for the clear majority holder of the farm, to overcome the (who gets the token question, I presume?)

Farms have a lot of sway already and there are lots of ways to break them down into smaller plots

it depends on how you score the tokens (majority=10 or I got some and score exponentially for the ones I got)

I wouldn't want to make farms too much more high scoring, whilst making them interesting to develop.

If you could steal the token from the farmer by completing their mill (while adding to their farm) and yet the farm scores extra, independently from its tokens

maybe you could have the best of both worlds?

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 01:39:57 AM »

updated designs
still no idea about the rules however
who can help us Huh??

Dave
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 04:20:42 AM »

I'm not an expert

but I would expect that if you aren't profiting or causing them loss of revenue i suppose, it wouldn't be any sort of copyright infringement.

wiki's copyright page seems to say something like this.

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 01:53:45 AM »

gonna rework these completely, had a great idea about these
you can still download these if you want to

Fritz_Spinne
Freeman

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 03:03:18 AM »

Hello wellidesigns,

where can I download the olive-orchards, olive mills und tokens?

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 03:43:28 AM »

all downloads of mine at : http://www.box.net/shared/claraqv7ry91tvhtllrt

Dave
Vassal

Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 05:16:11 AM »

my girlfriend had an idea about this

dont know what your current thinking was

she said if you had a small area of influence "a la cloister" and city edges in that area qualify for the extra point/s, I thought that each grade of product like olives +1 (within two orthogonal spaces of the tile), olive oil +2 (within one orthogonal space) provided there is an olive grove within the same farm.

I know this is still on the old theme but I liked the idea anyway

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 06:33:21 AM »

I want to make double sized tiles that need to be placed once a special single tile is drawn
still working on these however

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: