Board Games - What is hitting your table?
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 06:51:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Board Games - What is hitting your table?  (Read 72309 times)
McJazz
Villein

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 08:33:25 AM »

We played Season Three / Race Nine of our Formula De League tonight. big fun. (My driver really sucks this year though)

If you like racing games and haven't tried Bolide I definitely recommend it. Having never played Formula De I will have to assume the mechanics are very different. Bolide works well for people who are good with vector analysis, but fun for anyone who likes race cars.
McJazz
Villein

Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »

Inspired by a user on BGG, I have decided to track the games I have played for the year. Doing a quick tally I came up with the following totals for 2011 to date:

Carcassonne - 14 Plays
Dominion - 11
Wings of War - 10
Great Dalmuti - 10*
Pandemic - 7
Ricochet Robots - 7
Guillotine - 6
Pirateer - 6
Dixit - 6
Cloud Nine - 5
Forbidden Island - 5
Betrayal at House on the Hill - 5

This was supposed to be a top 10 list, but the 3-way tie had not been broken at the time of this post.

*We often play Great Dalmuti in between other games to adjust turn order. I discovered that over the years we all have 'assigned' seats we all like to use. This randomization gives us an opportunity to lead/follow different players, usually changing our overall strategy (even if only slightly).
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 08:51:11 AM »

McJazz:

Thanks for the tip on Bolide. It is on my want to play list for sure. We love race games. That is a very interesting selection of games you have been playing. Lots of variety. What is your handle on BGG?

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
McJazz
Villein

Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »

McJazz:

Thanks for the tip on Bolide. It is on my want to play list for sure. We love race games. That is a very interesting selection of games you have been playing. Lots of variety. What is your handle on BGG?

McJazz, same as here.

I am fortunate to have a group of gamers who enjoy playing a wide variety. To me, games are like music: Sometimes you are in the mood for something light, other times you need something a little more hard core. The key is finding something everyone can enjoy.

Not yet listed in the top 10, our current group favorite is Smallworld. I've had this game for awhile now, but it never really clicked for everyone until recently.
Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

Last night we had 7 players so we played a game of Turfmaster. We followed that up with Bang! and ended with Saboteur.

Last weekend we played a couple of games of 7 Wonders with the Leaders expansion. I also got to play a game of Werewolves of Miller's Hollow for the first time.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:08:31 PM by Bixby » Logged

Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »

Played an incredibly awesome game of Twilight Struggle last night. The game went the full ten turns and was a victory point tug of war the whole game. Some great card combinations and well timed plays. In the end I lost the game. My opponent played USA and had 3VP at the end of the game. Great game; the whole session as a nail biter.

Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 02:24:51 PM »

Played an incredibly awesome game of Twilight Struggle last night.
This is a game that I have on my shelf and would love to learn to play. It's just gathering dust at the moment...

Another game that is gathering rather a lot of dust is War of the Ring. We tried once, but my teenage son and I became a little frustrated when trying to learn the game. We have been waiting patiently for someone to make a video of the first few turns, so we can understand what is actually going on. The wait goes on...

However, last night we played Airlines Europe. This is fast becoming one of my favourite games. We also had a couple of games of Triumvirate, that I am not very good at, but I enjoy the game.

Looking forward to getting my hands on Flash Point: Fire Rescue. It is supposed to be out for Essen and is on Kickstarter right now. I think this will be replacing Pandemic as our go-to co-op game. I have played a PC version (java) and the gameplay is really cool... or should that be hot?  Grin
ne0x
Cottager

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »

Othello.

I tried making my own pieces, but I spent more than buying the game cost at the store, and they didn't turn out at all.  Cry

This is not the signature you're looking for...
vagabondriot
Villein

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »

Lots of Dominion, Pandemic, and Arkham Horror for me.
Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 12:15:37 PM »

Do you play Dominion with the expansions, or just the base game?

Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 08:18:07 PM »

WOW-TBG + WOW-TAG + Emmerlaüs + munchkin + Heroes od Graxia + carcassonne(d'uh), D&D Wrath of Ashardalon/Castle Ravenloft + Skip Bo + Milles Bornes + Ninja Burger + Age Of Conan

about once a month, maybe 2 for WOW-TBG 6-8 hours a game!!

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »

That is quite a list!!!

vagabondriot
Villein

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 09:03:49 PM »

Do you play Dominion with the expansions, or just the base game?

I play with all expansions mixed together, but some games I'll just play with a single expansion (or the base) to mix things up and really focus on the strengths of each. I play Arkham with one or two expansions every time, but haven't put forth the effort of an all in game yet. Pandemic is a new purchase so I haven't gotten the expansion yet. And I play as many expansions as my opponents will allow for in Carc. I usually love expansions. How do you play Dominion?
Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »

Dominion:
We play with all expansions and promos and just pick 10 Kingdom cards and leave it up to fate. We have played some interested combos. Smiley

Carcassonne:
If it is my wife and I, we play many / most expansions. If we are introducing new players, we play base game with maybe 1 expansion rule. I think the Selector Cards are really working well for us, as we play with the cards set out showing which rules from the expansions are in play.

Pandemic:
Great game and it plays well without the expansion. The expansion adds a fifth players (Bio-Terrorist) that introduces a fun and diabolical element to play. Smiley

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »

Pandemic is on my list to get after I satisfy my Munchkin craving.  I would like to get TtR eventually, but and settling for the Xbox version for now.  I don't know anything about Dominion, but I'd like to watch a game sometime soon.  Not sure how to pull that off.

Flee the fleas!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: