Board Games - What is hitting your table?
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 03:33:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: Board Games - What is hitting your table?  (Read 72787 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2012, 03:40:38 PM »

Played the third race of our Formula De season last week. My driver still sucks, but teh game is really fun with a full ten players.

Recently got Formula D.  My group likes it a lot.  I think it's becoming the favorite.  It appeals to everyone, even the ladies.  I've played with seven, but not 10 yet.  Looking forward to a long, full session.  Should be fun.  I've played 6 or 7 times now and I seem to wreck or come in the middle of pack.  Got to find the balance between living on the edge and playing it safe.  Haven't gotten there yet.  Lots of fun though.

Flee the fleas!
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »

Played the third race of our Formula De season last week. My driver still sucks, but teh game is really fun with a full ten players.

Recently got Formula D.  My group likes it a lot.  I think it's becoming the favorite.  It appeals to everyone, even the ladies.  I've played with seven, but not 10 yet.  Looking forward to a long, full session.  Should be fun.  I've played 6 or 7 times now and I seem to wreck or come in the middle of pack.  Got to find the balance between living on the edge and playing it safe.  Haven't gotten there yet.  Lots of fun though.

If you ever get a chance to try league play... jump on it. The game shines in a league. Here is our League structure if you are interested in having a peak. We use a couple of additional rules that add to the game.
http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=1611.0

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division
Cavan was over on Thursday and introduced me to this game. I really like the activation matrix and how it alters the initiative track. Would like to play this a couple more times to get a solid feel for the game system. This was a first play for me.

Dominant Species
Another first play. We had a Saturday full of boardgame goodness that started with a game of Dominant Species. Four player game. Very enjoyable and I would definitely like to play this again.

Risk Legacy
We played game #7 of our Risk Legacy World. Kathy has now got her name on the board. The fortress I have built in South America is getting dismantled, brick by brick. Brick by stinking brick I say. This was a five player game.

Cosmic Encounter
Played a five player game of this. Goofy race combinations and abilities. Three players tied for the win leaving Alex and I to despair in the icy cold vacuum of space.

Lords of Vegas
Another first play. We had four players. This game is best served with beer. Fun times with a bit of hosebaggery added for good measure.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »

Last week I had a first play as well. I'm working on developing a game of my own and convinced my brother to help me test it. It doesn't have a name yet, but it's a train-themed dice/card game. The dice part is working really well, but one of the cards was a little too powerful. The object of the game is to reach 100 points, and one of the cards gives +10 points. Because each card occurs multiple times, I was able to stack two of them and get a massive early lead. There is also a card which you can play against someone to end their turn with no points scored, and once this started hitting the table it helped to combat the +10 bonus cards. I think I'll be changing the bonus to +5 instead. Towards the end of the game, I was hanging on to cards that I couldn't play in the hopes that I would be able to play them later, but my brother suspected what I had in mind. On our last turns, we were each within 10 points of winning and had each picked up a +10 bonus card. My brother almost didn't play his, in which case I would have won, but he did end up playing his +10 and won the game.

Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »

Interested to see this develop Scott. Sounds like a cool design.

Bixby
Count

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »

HeroScape
Played a three player game of HeroScape tonight. Played on our large map and I was eliminated from the game. Greg ended up beating Morty by a decent margin. Thank goodness we will not be seeing the Venoc Vipers back in the game anytime soon. Smiley
Check out the large map we play on Here

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: