Carcassonne: Stained Glass
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 02:19:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne: Stained Glass  (Read 17352 times)
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 6

Metal Meepler

Awards
« on: September 01, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »

hi all, what's up?

Stained Glass Expansion is pretty much done  Cool Tile art will be added later as a seperate PDF, I need to fix a few minor flaws. (you can see what the tiles will be like in the rules sheet though).

CARCASSONNE STAINED GLASS

[edit 03-09-2011 version updated to V0.2)
[edit 04-09-2011 version updated to V0.3)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:08:17 PM by Trebuchet » Logged
Dave
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »

I like it!

This week I are mostly eatin trade tokens
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:17:32 PM »

can't wait, looks fun!

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »

Same here!  Cheesy

Questions:
1. You only get to steal if you put a thief on a road that connects to the cloister, correct? Not roads that may be on the same tile but not directly connected to the cloister. Please confirm.

2. What if the road connects to another cloister on a different tile?

3. If the road must be connected to the cloister - does the mechanic work with fishermen since the river does not directly connect with the cloister? I'm not all that familiar with fishermen so forgive me if the answer is obvious.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »

Thanks!  Cheesy

I have completed the tile art. In the end i decided not to use the push-out-frame so you might want to try one tile out for the right printsize adjustment (102% works for me).

STAINED GLASS TILES

Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 01:35:41 PM »

Questions:
1. You only get to steal if you put a thief on a road that connects to the cloister, correct? Not roads that may be on the same tile but not directly connected to the cloister. Please confirm.

Correct, a road that just passes by and does not lead to the cloister itself - marking a roads end so to speak- can not be used for stealing. Good point though, i will make that more clear in the next draft using an example.

In that case that road is to be regarded as finished. I see your point as to where only a ghost can score next to placing a meeple on a cloister as per usual rules, in this case the extra thief may be placed as per Stained Glass rules. When meepled with an extra thief, before counting that finished road a steal of a SG tile may take place and this thief does not have to stay on that road after turn, in contrary of any meeple on unfinished road(s).

3. If the road must be connected to the cloister - does the mechanic work with fishermen since the river does not directly connect with the cloister? I'm not all that familiar with fishermen so forgive me if the answer is obvious.

I've been looking at most of my river-cloister tiles and there seems to always be a jetty or landing stage for small boats of some sort. I hadn't gone ahead looking for exeptions, basically when a cloistertile features a river also, a follower can be placed as a thieving fisherman.
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »

Thanks!  Cheesy

I have completed the tile art. In the end i decided not to use the push-out-frame so you might want to try one tile out for the right printsize adjustment (102% works for me).

STAINED GLASS TILES

These are beautiful! Printing these tonight  Cheesy

Talisinbear
Duke

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 02:56:24 PM »

the stained glass tiles will not open on my Mac Sad
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »

the stained glass tiles will not open on my Mac Sad

I have tested this on my mac, it works fine on mine (safari)
Pc as well (explorer)

Hope you'll manage soon to get them.

I've been looking at most of my river-cloister tiles and there seems to always be a jetty or landing stage for small boats of some sort. I hadn't gone ahead looking for exeptions, basically when a cloistertile features a river also, a follower can be placed as a thieving fisherman.

I had another look through tmy tiles and i managed to find a river/cloister tile without landing stage. That's enough to make a remark as more probably exist. I have added a more specific explanation on how to place followers as extra thieves, which tiles are suited and which are not. I think it's more clear now.

Pls find V0.2 of STAINED GLASS RULES

The link in post 1 is updated to this version as well.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 06:58:26 AM »

In that case that road is to be regarded as finished. I see your point as to where only a ghost can score next to placing a meeple on a cloister as per usual rules, in this case the extra thief may be placed as per Stained Glass rules. When meepled with an extra thief, before counting that finished road a steal of a SG tile may take place and this thief does not have to stay on that road after turn, in contrary of any meeple on unfinished road(s).

Not sure if I was clear enough with my question. Here's an example: You place a tile with a cloister and a road that passes by without connecting to your cloister - however you place it in such a way that the passing road connects to a cloister that has already been placed on the board - the road is not necessarily finished as it may still be open. Your new road now connects to a cloister (but not the cloister you just placed). Are you allowed to steal a tile by placing a thief on this road?

Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 07:47:19 AM »

Aha! That's not what I understood. Well, i'd like to think in that case you actually can place an extra thief on that passing road. It wouldn't matter how many tiles are in between, as long as it connects to a cloister.

will add in V0.3

thanks!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:08:35 PM by Trebuchet » Logged
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »

[
Not sure if I was clear enough with my question. Here's an example: You place a tile with a cloister and a road that passes by without connecting to your cloister - however you place it in such a way that the passing road connects to a cloister that has already been placed on the board - the road is not necessarily finished as it may still be open. Your new road now connects to a cloister (but not the cloister you just placed). Are you allowed to steal a tile by placing a thief on this road?

I worked this out in version 03 (also for the rivertiles with or without jetty, in principal the same issue.)

V0.3 OF STAINED GLASS RULES

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 05:27:57 AM »

I described this expansion to my wife and she is very into it. Says it sounds fun!  Cheesy

I like it to in concept and plan to print it off and try it out soon.

Merit point for Trebuchet!!  Cheesy

Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 07:15:26 AM »

Thanks  Wink

Well, we played the expansion last night (two persons). Over all it works fine. However, at the end of the game we had several finished windows built throughout the game but no possibility came to score them, no more cloisters were finished and no cloister tiles were left in stock, so no more oportunities to fully score these windows.

I'm thinking of changing a few rules:

1) at the end of the game all finished windows are worth 1 point per tile. Unfinished windows don't score.
 note: somehow there is no mention of end score finished windows..

2) when a thief is placed on any road leading to a cloister (on eg a new drawn tile featuring only a road) the thief entitles the player to steal a stained glass tile.
note: There actually are not a lot cloistertiles with roads on them, we didn't get to steal many tiles from each other, even with fishermen expansion included.

Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 04:58:57 AM »

Hi we have play tested the Stained Glass expansion many times now. It seems to work fine I'm glad to say. We have played it with the added rule nr.2 as mentioned here under. Works fine for stealing.

So did anyone come across an issue that might be needing some reviewing in the rules sheet? Then I can write the final version including the new issue(s) + the stealing rule soonest and upload it as finalized.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: