Dixit
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 08:48:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dixit  (Read 5920 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »

I gave my wife the game Dixit for her birthday.  I think, for her, it was the perfect game.  Her family has always enjoyed the 'everybody puts one in and then guesses the right one' kind of games like Balderdash, Apples to Apples, or Compatibility, Sniglets.  There have been some legendary games of Sniglets in her family which are constantly referenced years afterward.  That being said, Dixit is right up her alley.  Not to mention that she is an artist and a huge fan of rabbits, so basically, if you know anything about the game, you'll know that it was pretty much the perfect game for her.  I was very glad to stumble upon it and she was very happy with it. 

Flee the fleas!
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:40:53 PM »

I bought this awhile ago, still need to get it to the table. Glad to hear it is a hit with you guys.

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:14:25 AM »

Yeah, it's not my favorite game, but it's a hit with the ladies and it's nice to look at.

Flee the fleas!
Amorpheus
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 1

:P discogs.com/Cathars-Amorpheus/release/239544

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »

I got this game fairly cheap when Borders was going out of business.  My family loves it, especially my young kids, and they even win fairly often (my wife wins most of the time; as for me - hardly ever).  In fact, they liked it too much...it got so we had no new stories to tell for the cards, so I had to buy Dixit 2 and Dixit Odyssey for some variety.  Bang head
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:32:39 AM »

So I guess they are releasing a more "American" version of this game and have titled it Dixit Journey.  It has a new artist and completely new card and box art.  From what I understand, they are releasing a cards only version and calling those Dixit 3 with the original art scheme.

Flee the fleas!
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »

I hope they still release Dixit 3 in the US apart from Dixit Journey. I've got the first three Dixit games and just want to add in the cards. I don't need a third game board and components...unless they're better than Dixit and Odyssey.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: