D-Day Dice
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 04:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: D-Day Dice  (Read 17855 times)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »

The $115k reward has been announced: instead of just one set of six speckled dice for the owner, all 4 sets will be speckled (non-speckled dice will still be included).

Over $140k has been pledged as of right now, so the final reward should be announced in the next few days. There are just 28 hours left to get in on this; deadline is Friday at 12:30 AM Eastern Time.

I suspect the final reward will be another set of speckled dice for the German player, or speckled MGF dice, or maybe speckled versions of the regular six-sided dice.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 07:54:10 AM »

This project is now closed; the final pledge total is $171,805. I read someone's estimate that this is possibly the 16th most funded project on Kickstarter across all categories.

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »

I wish because of the great opportunity this presented that my group was more into war games. This would just never get played in my group even though I would love it. I couldn't justify pledging on this one. I can't wait to hear the reviews though.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »

The final reward ended up being fairly lame: a "Legendary Supporter" resource card, and extra copies of the Distinguished Service Pack and K-Pack. Supporters of all levels get these already, so the only way to "get rid of them" will be to sell/give them to people who buy the game in 2013 because they didn't get in on Kickstarter.

We worked on a lot of ideas for that final reward. The pressure was on, and topping the other gifts was really hard. A few days ago, we had what we thought was the greatest idea ever, and just before we could announce it, the deal fell through. (Don't worry, though, the idea is not lost as we are already planning next year's rewards, so we won't be caught off-guard again).

The problem is that we can't afford to spend weeks to find the perfect reward that will please everyone, as we are busy putting the finishing touches on the game and its expansions (we have added a token sheet for the base game, some optional rules here and there, and we are tweaking various aspects of the production, like the "recipes" for the speckled dice).

I find it interesting that they are planning additional rewards for next year, even though this was supposed to be the last one. Some people were asking for an organizer tray, others were asking for card sleeves, and I still think they should be doing more speckled dice to complete the set. Maybe we'll get all of these things?

joshgambit
Vassal

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 06:03:56 AM »

I was somewhat disappointed in the final reward also.  But I'm still VERY pleased/surprised at all the bonuses we're getting.  If I decide to purchase another copy (as a gift), the extra add-ons will come in handy.

I'm not sure why they're saying "rewards".  Are they planning another Kickstarter program?  Or is it stuff they'll send out for the L4L people??
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 12:06:04 AM »

They are planning another Kickstarter for the D-Day Dice expansions, so those who missed out can get some more goodies. They are thinking of adding a level for those that have already supported at a 'Line for Life' level, so they too can get hold of the new rewards.

Also look out for the Kickstarter of Airborne in my Pocket, by the same designer, which also looks a promising WWII game. I'll be in the queue for that one too!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »

Not sure why this wasn't posted on Kickstarter, but on the company's blog they posted pictures of the exclusive tin a few weeks ago.
http://valleygames.ca/2012/01/25/d-day-dice-tin/

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: