Carcassonne's Dracula
Carcassonne Central
April 28, 2024, 11:02:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne's Dracula  (Read 12608 times)
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« on: November 23, 2011, 06:08:56 AM »

Get ready to stake some vampires after the Thanksgiving holiday weekend!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:54:37 AM by Carcatronn » Logged

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 12:36:48 PM »

Ok, I'll "bite" - what's this about?  Grin

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 12:59:54 PM »

got inspired by all the Vampire shows as of late and wanted to take a "stab" at my first official fanspansion  Grin

It should be a lot of fun, I am excited to try and finish it up this weekend (and then hopefully finish the other expansion ideas I have)

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »

Ok just finished the tiles and the first draft of the rules. Click on the following link to download them all- criticism is welcome  Wink
http://www.mediafire.com/?dm46vbio0c11t

Please make sure you are sizing the tiles and tokens to 24% so they print out accurately. For some reason resizing them during printing provided better resolution than if I resized the images beforehand and printedat 100%.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:45:37 AM by Carcatronn » Logged

Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 03:37:14 PM »

I'm getting an error when trying to download the files from Mediafire.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
GAKDragon
Villein

Merit: 2

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:42:34 PM »

Strange - I was able to download them easily last night.  The only thing I can't tell is what, specifically, you used for the Van Helsing figure. 
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 05:44:34 PM »

I'm getting an error when trying to download the files from Mediafire.
Sad hmm..does anyone know if there is a max download for the free mediafire accounts? I am new to it, but I will check it out tonight to see what I can find.
The only thing I can't tell is what, specifically, you used for the Van Helsing figure. 
that would be the large white "settler/surveyor" meeple from New World spin off. It was fitting since Van Helsing sort of has a tall hat. I still have a couple left in the Shoppe  Grin

Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 09:56:05 PM »

Just got done playing a game with this expansion. It was very vicious and intense, but very fun! For the most part, we all hung around zero due to the negative and positive points going back and forth- a lot of revenge playing in this one. One of us got extremely close to completing a medium sized city with Dracula, but in the end got bit with only one more tile left to go to cap it off. No one used the stakes, but partly because we had a newbie playing who always seemed to draw them and decided to place them all in a gigantic city that never was finished  :Smiley

ksupan79
Cottager

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

Love this expansion!! Great job, and the play rules also seem like very fun ideas! I do have one question before I print out a copy and begin making a set. It seems the tiles look a tad faded when I download them. Any ideas or is there any possibilty you could brighten/enhance the graphics? Thank you for another great fanspansion to add to my collection!!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 11:13:18 PM »

Love this expansion!! Great job, and the play rules also seem like very fun ideas! I do have one question before I print out a copy and begin making a set. It seems the tiles look a tad faded when I download them. Any ideas or is there any possibilty you could brighten/enhance the graphics? Thank you for another great fanspansion to add to my collection!!

Thanks! I agree they come out a bit lighter than I would like, but when I try to darken them any more ore add saturation the colors are way off...  Undecided ... Does anyone have any suggestions on this topic? The images i used were all scanned at 1200 dpi and reduced down by about 50%. I want the colors to pop without being too dark (or light).

On/off subject, I have a couple edits to the rules which I won't have time to edit the file anytime soon while I'm away:
  • With the "bitten" tile placement, the tile can be placed in an incomplete city that contains another "bitten" city but not an incomplete city which already is occupied by Dracula at the time of placement. Merging these cities afterwards is okay
  • You cannot merge two cities together that contain Dracula, a vampire, and/or a monk occupying a cloister.

GAKDragon
Villein

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »

I agree they come out a bit lighter than I would like, but when I try to darken them any more ore add saturation the colors are way off...  ... Does anyone have any suggestions on this topic? The images i used were all scanned at 1200 dpi and reduced down by about 50%. I want the colors to pop without being too dark (or light).

I just tried playing around a little bit, and the second trick I tried seems to work well.  

Brightness -50%
Contrast +100%

I'm uploading the photos now, will edit this with link once finished.  

Tiles 1
Tiles 2
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:25:59 PM by GAKDragon » Logged
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 04:57:18 PM »

Well done GAK! They look great on the screen, how about printed? I have been using a laser print with 3M label paper, but I noticed it feels "powdery" when the image is too light.

GAKDragon
Villein

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 05:06:15 PM »

I haven't gotten around to printing them yet (mostly cuz my printer's out of ink).  I suppose I could take the files in to work and print them there...
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 06:48:05 PM »

I haven't gotten around to printing them yet (mostly cuz my printer's out of ink).  I suppose I could take the files in to work and print them there...

I will try to print tonight on my laser printer if I get time to test.

Talisinbear
Duke

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 02:03:07 PM »

I can't access the rules etc either

any help on that?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: