Watermark stickers
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 08:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Watermark stickers  (Read 10169 times)
Ulstergeki
Cottager

Merit: 1

Awards
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »

Okay, crazy idea, i have a few expansions without the watermark, and i was thinking about trying to find a copy of the watermark and printing off clear stickers to put on the tiles, what does everyone think? also anyone know where i can find decent quality pictures of expansion symbols?
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:06:13 PM »

Okay, crazy idea, i have a few expansions without the watermark, and i was thinking about trying to find a copy of the watermark and printing off clear stickers to put on the tiles, what does everyone think? also anyone know where i can find decent quality pictures of expansion symbols?

That's a neat idea!  I don't have any scans, but I may be able to help you out with replacing those tiles. Which expansions do you need "watermarked"?

ne0x
Cottager

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »

That's a fantastic idea!  I wish I'd thought of that before I sharpied an "R2" on my rivers 2 expansion.

You can get clear labels from Avery, but I don't know how thin or durable they are.  Also, I would be concerned about ink rubbing off if I used my printer.  I guess you could put a clear coat of something over it.  Does anyone know how to print decals?

As for the little icons I could make something up in Inkscape; in fact, I'm kinda inspired and I might just make those up anyway.

This is not the signature you're looking for...
GAKDragon
Villein

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »

I've used Avery's clear labels at work, and they work great with printer ink.  Not so well with certain types of pens (such as gel ink), but they work fine for the purpose for which they were intended.  

Also, I'm trying to find it - I came across a set of Illustrator files someone made that had all the watermarks for the Official Expansions.  I thought I had saved them, and if I can find it, I'll post it to my Facebook real quick.  

Found them!  They're .tifs, not Illustrator. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:48:43 PM by GAKDragon » Logged
GAKDragon
Villein

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »

Here it is!  It was buried in this forum.  

http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=1441.0

It needs to be updated, but at least it's a start. 
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »

Another great reason to use a laserjet printer instead of inkjet.

Ulstergeki
Cottager

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:37:52 PM »

I believe the ones i am missing are inns and cathedrals, which i think i have, but it would be nice to watermark the river or river 2 to keep them apart, hmm possibilities
GAKDragon
Villein

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 03:51:27 PM »

Inns & Cathedrals was also the expansion with the Big Follower.  So, the meeple-shaped watermark belongs to those tiles. 
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:14:34 PM »

Added the watermark edition of Traders and Builders, Inns and Cathedrals, and the Princess and the Dragon expansions to the Shoppe!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: