My purple meeples with heart
Carcassonne Central
April 20, 2024, 04:56:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My purple meeples with heart  (Read 10661 times)
fasaxc
Cottager

Merit: 3

Awards
« on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:59 PM »

My girlfriend often lamented the lack of a set of purple meeples so I set about to change that.  Here's my 3D-printed attempt.  I added the little love heart's at her request:

Meeples with heart by fasaxc, on Flickr

I've made the design open source on Thingiverse and, if you'd like your own copy, you can buy them directly from Shapeways in a variety of colours/materials.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:15:48 PM by fasaxc » Logged
joshgambit
Vassal

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 03:31:38 AM »

Wow!  Very cool!  Merit point for that, my friend.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 07:21:49 AM »

I agree, very cool!  The possibilities are endless!

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »

Those are impressive! What materials are available? The site only gave generic details  Huh?

fasaxc
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »

The Shapeways link (http://www.shapeways.com/model/390965/meeples_with_heart.html?gid=ug) should be a link to buy a set.  There should be a drop-down in the top right to select materials.  Mine are "Indigo strong and flexible".  Any of the "Strong and flexible" colours would come out in the same quality.  The page at http://www.shapeways.com/materials/ describes the materials in detail.
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »

The Shapeways link ( should be a link to buy a set.  There should be a drop-down in the top right to select materials.  Mine are "Indigo strong and flexible".  Any of the "Strong and flexible" colours would come out in the same quality.  The page at  describes the materials in detail.

thanks for this! This beyond awesome, glass AND UV meeple would be so cool! Anyway you have a 3D image w/o the heart?

fasaxc
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »

Might get a chance to upload one without the heart at the weekend, it's easy to do.  I don't think Shapeways do a UV glow material (maybe you're thinking of the UV-cured one?).  I can unlock glass if you like but it'd be like $80 for a set of glass meeples, which is a bit steep!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 07:53:30 PM »

sweet! Yeah, guess not UV glow, but it is a frosted plastic which could be cool.... $80 is way too much for glass though

fasaxc
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 06:19:24 PM »

Next up, matching pieces for my other extensions.  I just ordered them in purple to match the small meeples.

fasaxc
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »

I just uploaded versions without the little heart adornment to Shapeways:  http://www.shapeways.com/shops/shaun.  as before, the designs are open-source so you're free to download the models and edit them.
joshgambit
Vassal

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 11:50:26 AM »

Okay, this is just outstanding!  I may have to break down and get a set for my wife with the hearts, and get a different set for me!!

Well done!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »

Okay, this is just outstanding!  I may have to break down and get a set for my wife with the hearts, and get a different set for me!!

Well done!

Me too!!

fasaxc
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 06:23:50 PM »

Thanks, glad you like them.  I'm thinking about doing a set with little devil horns too for yours truly.  Any other ideas for what you'd like to see on a meeple?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: