Double-Speed Game
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 10:09:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Double-Speed Game  (Read 6043 times)
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:28:55 AM »

As I was thinking of ways to speed up 6+ player games, I came up with an interesting idea.

At any one time, two players, seated across from each other, can place tiles at the same time. One player is the "senior" placer while the other is the "junior".

The senior gets first pick, while the junior places immediately after. That avoids any cases where both players want to place in the same spot. This rule means that those two players can never place tiles orthogonally adjacent to each other.

When both players have gone, they pass the tile bags to the left and the next two players go. Mark one of the bags with something to designate it as the "senior" bag.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »

That sounds like a really cool idea.  I think it would work very well and would make playing a game with a large number of players a lot more fun.  Well done!  (merit well I think).

Flee the fleas!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:15:48 AM »

I agree. This would be interesting to try if you can keep track of it. I can see it being a little busy for the score keeper. We sometimes play with 6 to 8 players so this would keep more players involved with less downtime in between turns. Worth a try I say. Thanks Whaley!

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »

This is an interesting idea. I think play-testing is required to make sure that there are no major snags.

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »

Agreed, and I also I agree that the scorekeeper will be working on overtime. People will have to be much more aware of points earned and whatnot. In any case, I'm not sure when I'll try this out, but probably sometime soon. With all the complete sets of meeples now available at MeepleSource, I feel that advanced large game rules are essential. This rule would probably work best with 7-10 players. Perhaps with 11-14 you could add yet another bag. Crazy? Yes, but not impossible. Whenever I can play test it, I'll give a report.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »

I like it! Merit for You.

We have smething diffrent to speed up the game... When on player draw a tile, then immidietly bag goes to next player he draw, and so. When there is double turn then player draw another tile. This method don't work very well and I was thinking about something that would get rid off conflicts in tile placement.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: