Several new expansion on its way
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 06:06:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Several new expansion on its way  (Read 87199 times)
flix
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2012, 04:04:58 AM »

i got my yesterday from milan-spiele.de for 2,90€ each.
thex sell also the tunnel expansion for 5,70€.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2012, 06:57:19 AM »

i got my yesterday from milan-spiele.de for 2,90€ each.
thex sell also the tunnel expansion for 5,70€.

Did they come with English instructions? or just German?

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
flix
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2012, 04:04:16 PM »

the instructions are in german, but i think i have seen them in englisch some where on bgg...
quevy
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »

Buy today at the Italian convention "Modena Play", unfortunately I only found a booth that sold them, they only had one blister and had finished the "Mini 3". Luckily I have the other 5 Smiley.
I paid them 4 euros, for a total of 20.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2012, 03:14:49 AM »

Anyone have any updates on the release of the new minis in the US?

quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2012, 08:35:55 AM »

I also found the 3, finally I have all, I hope to try them as soon as possible
jungleboy
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2013, 06:43:52 AM »

Apologies if this is not the right topic for this question, but I haven't found a better one.

Now that many of you have had the new mini-expansions for a while, what are your thoughts on them? I haven't played any of them yet, and I am debating whether to get the whole set or not. I'm not a completionist, and my initial thoughts are that I'm not too keen on pieces like gold bars, ferries etc cluttering up the board, or on changes to the scoretrack, or on rolling a die in Carcassonne - that basically knocks them all out except Mage & Witch. So I'm thinking of just getting that one, though that would leave me with one random crop circle tile.

Does anyone have anything to say about the other mini expansions that might change my mind?

Cheers,
Nick
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2013, 10:55:08 AM »

Hello jungleboy! Welcome to the CC Forum. I saw your introductory post and welcome you to Carcassonne.

I own all the Mini's and I can give you my personal preference if I had to choose in order:
1. Ferries
2. Gold Mines
3. The Flier
4. Mage & Witch
5. Messages
6. The Robber

Like you, I don't care for messing with the scoreboard so Messages and Robber go to the bottom.

I actually enjoy the game-play of the Ferries the most. It adds a very interesting twist on road building - and re-building. The mechanic allows that a road may be completed and scored - then re-opened and later completed and scored again. It's challenging to maintain majority control of the various roads involved.

Gold Mines next. It's a simple but challenging mechanic that doesn't add a lot of time to the game.

The Flier next only because I like it better than the Mage & Witch. The Flier offers a simple way to join into a feature owned by an opponent. The Mage & Witch can be unbalancing if not checked.

Purity
Vassal

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2013, 12:21:39 PM »

...though that would leave me with one random crop circle tile...

if you own or get "crop circles 1" then you could still use this single tile together with the other six (or not?) or use it as base for the 'la porxada' expansion :-)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2013, 05:08:51 PM »

I haven't played with the minis yet (and possibly never will considering nobody will play with me...), but I think it's safe to say that they're all far better than Catapult. Grin

Having all the Crop Circle tiles is also something to consider. You could play with an incomplete set; although it would be slightly unbalanced, it's not unbalanced in such a way as to give an unfair advantage.

Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2013, 05:29:49 AM »

The Ferries is the only one worth getting; the rest is either utter crap (Messengers, The Robber, Gold Mines) or largly uninteresting concepts (the rest). Crop Circles is a bit interesting, but you can get hold (I believe) of the stand alone version.

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
jungleboy
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2013, 06:19:42 AM »

Thanks to everyone for their replies; they certainly give me some more things to think about.

Regarding crop circles, I don't have them and haven't decided on them yet (there are a lot of expansions to get your head around when you're a newbie!), but I think the plague is pretty intriguing so if I decide to go with crop circles I'd probably get it as part of CCP&T.
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »

Thanks to everyone for their replies; they certainly give me some more things to think about.

Regarding crop circles, I don't have them and haven't decided on them yet (there are a lot of expansions to get your head around when you're a newbie!), but I think the plague is pretty intriguing so if I decide to go with crop circles I'd probably get it as part of CCP&T.
The plague is strangely dynamic. It does, however, plays best with just the base set.

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2013, 11:04:20 AM »

I like the Messeges or Dispatches. That mini has many tactics. It has a joker. You can play it with the Winter-Edition (and it's perfect for the Dwarves in the Mine).
You can earn points during the play though the features are not finished.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:26:07 AM by kettlefish » Logged
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »

I finally picked all the Minis up as well as the Little Houses. Going through them one-by-one but have only actually played the Flier. Mechanics worked just fine but we never really got to use them the way they are meant to be used (stealing other players' features). We'll have to give it another go but I'm eager to try Ferries, which looks simple yet fun.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: