Co-op Carcassone
Carcassonne Central
April 25, 2024, 04:45:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Co-op Carcassone  (Read 6812 times)
fletche5
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:37:31 PM »

I am new to the group but had an idea for a spin off while playing Carcassonne on my iPhone with another player.  (forgive me if this idea has already been put out there).  What about a co-oP game with the original tile set.  You still place the tiles I. A random order.  You and your opponents goal is to SE how many points you can get together (and you go for a high score).  I have done this online (on occasion) and it is a blast.   
fletche5
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:38:45 PM »

One additional rule you could add is to forbid conversation during the game.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:11:19 AM »

Welcome to the forums.  Yes, that has been discussed a little bit.  It seems that you could play that with any number of players, even with one.  Not sure if I would care for it, but I can see where it might grow on you, especially on an ipad.

Flee the fleas!
luispatricio
Vagabond

Competition matters but cooperation is essential

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »

I saw a similar variant to that one on the BGG forum. I think you could also have predetermined goals like the biggest road or high number of cities...

I am thinking about my own co-op variant that still uses all the basic rules but add some new ones to foster cooperation between players.

I am just finishing some details and I will post it here.

---------
Luis Patricio
People don't stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing.
aeoliner
Freeman

Merit: 1

The Perfect Tile Every Time!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »

I have created my team variant in the following thread:
http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=meb0d5svpchodvimoh4tp869g6&topic=1752.0

The Hat has spoken...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: