New Carcassonne Box(es)
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 04:43:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Carcassonne Box(es)  (Read 18329 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »

Reports are coming in of a new storage box from HiG and maybe even two new ones.  One with all the bells and whistles I guess.  What have you heard?

Flee the fleas!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »

I dug for a while and found THIS blurb which lead me to the most obvious (and overlooked) place HERE.  No mention of timeframe.  Looks like we're voting between the two versions.

Flee the fleas!
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »

I've read something about these boxes a couple of days ago but I can't seem to find it anymore.
HiG was going to release some sort of newsletter about the boxes on Friday or on Sunday latest. I'm also quite sure it should have been last Friday and last Sunday but I havent received any newsletter nor have I seen any new postings on the topic.
If I just could find the other message they posted. It must have been on their Facebook, the Q&A on the HiG site regarding Carcassonne or maybe on Spielbox.com.
I just can't find it  Cry
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »

Wooohoooo .... I found it  Grin
But it doesn't like like anything official. It looks more like someone asked at HiG and he is reflecting the answer he got.
Here's the url:
http://forum.dominionblog.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1982

And the 5th post says that the box is probably gonna have the size that it will fit sleeved cards and then he writes that untill sunday (last sunday) we should get a newsletter with more info.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »

Are these newsletters in German or available in English too?

I asked Jay about them and he had this to say.
I know nothing of HiG plans for storage boxes, but would certainly plan to offer them as well.

If you want a really nice box option now, check out THIS ebay store.  This guy make boxes for all sorts of games.  You can even buy them with the games included.  The boxes are great!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:11:21 AM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Shimmydave
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:08:32 AM »

The news letters that i get from cundco are in german, i just put them through google translate and work out what they mean.

The guys at cundco are good at emailling in english so if you have any specific questions then they can answer them.
Shimmydave
Vagabond

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »

so they have now properly announced the two new box types.

if you go to cundco.de on the front page they talk about the new box designs and they are running a survey so we can decide which types will get made. it is best to use google chrome as it converts web pages on the fly, if you go via goole translate it doesnt always work when you click links etc.

They have developed an expensive and cheap version, both for dominion and carcassonne. so thats 4 boxes in total.

the expensive 45€ is like a set of draws and has artwork all over it and fancy drawers. the cheaper version 16-8€ has no artwork and is more like a treasurer chest with trays in. If you go to the site they have links to youtube videos, one in german and one in english.

they are both made from thick card.

unfortunately they only show dominion boxes artwork but the carcassonne ones will be very similar. i look forward to seeing the artwork.

everyone should check them out and fill in the survey on the website! hopefully if they get enough votes they both will get made.
Khonnor83
Freeman

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »

Wow. I had really hoped for something different. This looks very cheap, and they're asking way too much for it IMO.  Cry
Captain Pedantic
Villein

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 03:19:21 PM »

I voted yes for the two Carcassonne, I don't play dominion so voted no for those.

I want one to stay at home with me, and one to use as transport when I travel to camps or to other cities.

The cost is a shock though.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 04:27:57 PM »

Yeah, I'll have to wait to see more before I am ready to shell out that kind of money.

Flee the fleas!
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 11:59:03 PM »

The boxes look awesome! What's up with the high cost though? ... For cardboard?

Captain Pedantic
Villein

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »

I'm having second thoughts. Mainly due to the cost. I was looking at doing a woodwork course this year and building one. Materials, cost of the course and 6 x 2 hour classes and it's still cheaper than what they are suggesting for the "deluxe" cardboard one (incl postage).
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 6

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 04:06:30 AM »

I must agree on that, i'm not being cheap -never was- but that's a lot of money for a cardboard box!

If they would throw in some 12ea extra totally unique game tiles, then maybe..  Grin
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 08:00:22 AM »

I'm disappointed by the cardboard, and concerned whether the deluxe ones will hold as much as the cheap ones. Seems to me the guy says in the English video for the deluxe Dominion box that it only holds 3 large expansions and one small.

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »

Remember the online video was only for Dominion. A similar large box is in the works for Carcassonne and I'd assume it would hold different amounts of everything and have a completely different arrangement. Indeed, if the drawers were kept that same distance apart for Carcassonne, the titles would fly everywhere and there would be TONS of dead space. I'd imagine the Carcassonne box looks very different than the proposed Dominion box. The smaller cheap (non-labelled) box looks like it would hold Carcassonne tiles so I assume that is an example of the cheap Carcassonne version. It looks like it would hold a decent amount of tiles. Since almost my entire set fits within a 3700 Plano box and I have every Carcassonne expansion released except School (on order) and the new Carcassonne Minis, I don't even really see why a huge storage solution is necessary for Carcassonne.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: