Gunship: First Strike!
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 09:48:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gunship: First Strike!  (Read 6029 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:58:59 AM »

This game looks pretty cool and is coming to Kickstarter on Wednesday.  It is a sci-fi, space warfare game that was 2 decades in development.  I participated in the discussion on BGG for creating the name and some of my suggestions contributed to the game title.  The website has detailed information, lots of pics and art samples and even some descriptions of the stretch rewards.  This could be one of the big ones!  Check it out HERE.

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »

I'm having mixed feelings about this. My initial reaction is that the game doesn't interest me, but I've had that reaction before and changed my mind later. The KS promos aren't very desirable except the mini-expansions, but the stretch rewards look really good. I'll have to check with my brother to see if he's interested (otherwise it will end up like many other games I buy: unused), but if they do "line for life" I probably won't be able to resist.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:53:14 AM by Scott » Logged

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »

Wow, this game is over 300% funded after only 2 days.  There are 43 days to go.  They've already made their first four stretch goals.  I think this one is going to be big.  Probably bigger than Flash Point and D-Day Dice.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:04:42 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:18:41 AM »

Bleh, ok I'm in.

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 11:06:34 AM »

I'm seeking a promotion in my job. I'm gonna need it for all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit LEGOs coming out this summer and fall. But if I get the promotion, the first thing on my list to buy is Gunship: First Strike. I already participated in the D-Day Dice offer and I see no reason why not to pledge to another game. Plus, this one is giving tons of promos and the game's release date is already known and the game printed. FTW! Let's just hope I get the promotion...  Huh?

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »

Over $40,000 now, the stretch goals are really stacking up.  He's talking about adding engraved dice and plastic or metal figures to the game as well.

Flee the fleas!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:08:07 AM »

Over $60,000 now.  He recently added an update detailing combined shipping for international orders.  I expect this news to dramatically increase the number of supporters and therefore, very likely add more stretch goals.

Flee the fleas!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: