Carcassonne Marshes Expansion
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 05:03:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Carcassonne Marshes Expansion  (Read 17536 times)
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 6

Metal Meepler

Awards
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »

Coming soon: 84 tile Carc expansion introducing new landscape: Marshes

Featuring:

- Bog-towers c/w new follower: The Boglord.
- Bridges: to get through the landscape (as roads)
- Parkingspots: to park your wagon (or the one of an opponent...), before entering the marsh.
- Quicksand: pretty much the end of your trail...

Rules: plain and simple (to keep my girlfriend happy  Grin)

Next: manufacturing tiles and play test the lot.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:18:40 AM by Trebuchet » Logged
Carcatronn
Authors
Count

Merit: 7

See you around the Shoppe!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:37:47 PM »

Wow that's a huge expansion! Will the marsh sides need to connect to one another?

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »

Wow, that looks amazing! I love the artwork- can't wait to see the rules

quevy
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:21:39 AM »

an idea of ​​a swamp that I had arrived at the head, I wanted to ask to be developed in cooperation of all.
see it already in the works Shocked and better than I could do  Shocked.

I bow before such skill, congratulations.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »

This is amazing.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:43 AM »

These look great.  Nice work.

Flee the fleas!
neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »

looking forward for rules. Maybe some new scoring mechanics?
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »

looking forward for rules. Maybe some new scoring mechanics?

Absolutely! Check them out by clicking here to get rules PDF

Remember this is a draft, all needs to be tested still. But i'm curious to find out what your opinions are. Personally I find 84 tiles a bit too much. Might change my mind later on as we tend to play big games most of the time. Wink

note: the Bog Lord can not be captured by the Tower or Dragon -> forgot to mention in this version of rules.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 03:35:12 PM »

Large quantities of tiles are typical when adding a new terrain feature.

Hawkinsssable
Cottager

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 05:15:24 PM »

Those look insanely well made, and the rules look like they'll work really nicely. I love the poachers / bog lord interactions, and I think the use of dice is clever and appropriate in this context.

The only thing I think might not be fun is the quicksand; the group I play with often create and fight over long, 20+ piece roads with inns on them. Losing over 40 points to the quicksand might feel a little unfair. But then again, maybe the possibility of a quick-sandy ending will just naturally deter people from relying on long roads.

In any case, I'm excited to try this when it's completed!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »

I would suggest that on the tiles that are intended to also have fields the field area is made a little larger so it's more obvious and also would have room to deploy a farmer.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 01:24:25 AM »

The only thing I think might not be fun is the quicksand; the group I play with often create and fight over long, 20+ piece roads with inns on them. Losing over 40 points to the quicksand might feel a little unfair. But then again, maybe the possibility of a quick-sandy ending will just naturally deter people from relying on long roads.

That is one of the reasons for the quicksand tiles. There are only 4 in a set of 90, so it's not as destructive as it might seem. You would think twice though of not ending your road when a bridge gets involved. Certainly when a parking place is part of a road with a borrowed wagon + having an inn involved, the score would go through the roof. I anticipated on that with the quicksand; the opponent should have a fair chance in be being able to counterpart that. The other means of preventing a high score is ofcourse to have your wagon on the map as much as possible (the main reason for the parking place feature). I also needed another means of eliminating poachers from the marsh, hence quicksand.

I would suggest that on the tiles that are intended to also have fields the field area is made a little larger so it's more obvious and also would have room to deploy a farmer.

Point taken, you're right!

Amorpheus
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 1

:P discogs.com/Cathars-Amorpheus/release/239544

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

Trebuchet - Are you close to having tiles ready for us?  I'm excited to try this.
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »

Trebuchet - Are you close to having tiles ready for us?  I'm excited to try this.

Hi, sorry for being somewhat quiet lately, had other priorities. Anyhow: Yes! I have in the meantime produced and made all tiles and even playtested once. Will add a pic of that map later on. I now still need to adjust a few things in PS before PDF-ing the lot, mainly replace a few tiles for some lacking ones; gamelong gaps appeared during the test play. The rules seemed fine, however a couple of more tests are needed as the bogtowers were pretty hard to reach in this game. There might be a change there in the rules.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:30:48 AM by Trebuchet » Logged
Trebuchet
Authors
Nobleman

Metal Meepler

Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 05:40:27 AM »

Hi, a little update. Have played the expansion several times now. The rules definately need to be adjusted and there need to be more towers in the game + several tiles  I hope to be able to do that on short notice.

Sorry for the delay but as there are a lot of tiles involved i wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed after having gone through the trouble of producing all of them first, play and then find out some of them aren't needed after all.  Wink

Once published, obviously adjustments can be made according to what you might find still during your games.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: