Pied Piper
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 11:07:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pied Piper  (Read 7776 times)
quevy
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« on: March 03, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »

You know the tale of the Pied Piper? playing "Rattus" bg I've come up with this expansion of Car.

The idea was to create tiles similar to those of Traders, drawn in with a mouse. Each mouse lose 2 points to the value of the city, so it is important to capture them, or let them stay in a city opponent.
During the turn if he wants the players can move the piper and go to enthrall the rats in the city.
At the end of the game you will receive points for each mouse to follow the Pied Piper of the player. Even if the token is unique, each player collects his mice.

1 point for the first rat, 2 points for second and so continued, so that many rats have greatly increased the score.
Example: 3 rats (1 +2 +3) 6 points, 5 rats (1 +2 +3 +4 +5) 15 points.

The Pied Piper moves one space for each rat in its wake, up to a maximum of 5 tiles. The player may spend 1-point victory to increase the movement of the Pied Piper of 2 tiles, also not exceeding the maximum limit of 5. in this way even if you do not have a mouse, the piper can move.

Test tile, the piper on the icon indicates that there is no rats in the city, when you place your mouse over the token to tile to cover the piper, the token will be collected by the piper.

Token of the Pied Piper to paste on a duplication of the token Duke
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:46:57 AM by quevy » Logged
quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:16:17 AM »

quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:50:05 PM »

I completed the designs of cards and tokens.
I was doing the first draft of the regulation, do you think is better if the player in turn, moves the piper before drawing the tile, or at the end of his shift? This would eliminate the chance of catching a mouse just placed, would give a more strategic approach to the game.
I designed a monastery infested by rats, the player places a meeple on card not take points from the card itself, every 2 tiles that surround receives a point. There seems a good rule?
Appearance suggestions, thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x0e4afoefdmelze
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 03:08:47 AM »

Nice job with the tiles quevy. I particularly like the two-city tile with the road running through the middle.  Thumbs up

I'm having a little difficulty following the concept of the rules. Can you offer more detail?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:13:56 AM by Carcking » Logged

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
quevy
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »

Thanks, the purpose of the expansion is to capture the largest number of rats using the piper.
At the start of the game put the "start tile", and the piper over this.
When a "tile rat" is placed, add a token rats over this and continue with the usual rules. For each rat in the city, the total value of this score decreased by 2.
During his turn a player may optionally move the piper also trying to catch rats. To catch a rat the piper must walk on the tile. May move 5 tiles to the maximum, the number of tiles can be decided by the number of rats captured. A player can spend his personal points for each one and have an increase of movement of 2 steps. That way if you do not have rats to move you can still do it.
The number of points that you receive at the end of the match is decided by the total number of rats, as I think I explained well enough before, if you are still unsure please ask.

I hope this is clear enough, unfortunately, the language does not help me.
Hawkinsssable
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »

The art for this is beautiful, and I love the city layouts you used. I'm definitely going to give this expansion a go when I have a chance. I think the little symbols on the cities might be a bit clearer if only the piper is displayed underneath, with the rat on the shield on top - that way, you'll never mistake an infested tile from a non-infested tile.

I have a few ideas for some tweaks, but I'll wait to see how this plays first. Amazing work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: