Team Carcassonne
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 04:09:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Carcassonne  (Read 8079 times)
aeoliner
Freeman

Merit: 1

The Perfect Tile Every Time!

Awards
« on: November 28, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »

A while back I came up with a idea of a team oriented carcassonne variant. My basic idea is that it requires an even number of players. Teams consist of two players. Each player plays as an individual, i.e. draw and place own tile, have own score, place own meeples. The difference is that when determining majority for a feature you combine the members of a team as one total. If a team has both members on a feature that they have won majority for both members score full value. The winning team is the team with the highest combined score.

What do you think? I know some of the finer details need to be worked out but at least I finally wrote down the preliminary idea of it.

The Hat has spoken...
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »

This is an interesting concept and I would say worthwhile to explore further. I'll have to think about your idea of each player still having their own color on the scoring track - as opposed to one color representing the team. Have to think about this more and try to play test it.

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
GAKDragon
Villein

Merit: 2

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »

At the very least, the way you describe it would be good as a teaching method.  It would allow people to get a feel for making decisions that affect their own meeples, and yet if they get into trouble it offers them an out in the form of their teammate. 
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 06:36:44 PM »

Not to complicate this any further, but I couldn't help but think about some team-based card games where the players across from each other enter into a contract for a certain number of wins. Maybe something like that could be turned into a variant.

aeoliner
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 05:07:48 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope to in the next month to put together a first draft of team carcassonne into a rules template. Any good suggestions for a name for this? I am thinking "Tag Team Carcassonne" or "Doubles Carcassonne" instead of just "Team Carcassonne" what do you guys think?

The Hat has spoken...
aeoliner
Freeman

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 03:33:57 PM »

Here is the link to the rules: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxcUX1vETMn9bnFJZnBkdEJkU1E
i still need the preamble to the varient.

The Hat has spoken...
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 12:33:45 PM »

I suggest creating a template for the bid sheet rather than having people draw up their own each time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: