Bazaar with Dragon
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 05:06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bazaar with Dragon  (Read 4245 times)
PellGanesh
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: May 18, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »

I'm assuming that a tile played after auctioned can start the dragon moving. Since players can see it coming, it could start a bidding war, which prompts the following questions:
- Can the fairy be taken when playing an auctioned tile?
- Does the dragon tile start the dragon moving?
- Is there a limit to the bidding? (This may prompt a "house" rule.)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »

1. Yes, the normal follower placement rules apply, which includes moving the fairy instead.
2. Yes, when a dragon tile is played the dragon moves immediately.
3. According to the RGG version of the rules, players can bid more than they have and go into negative points. The HiG version of the rules doesn't include this. If it were up to me, I would say that you should not be allowed to bid more points than what you have. I guess the theory would be that players will not dig themselves too deep into the negative else they may never win.

obervet03
Cottager

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 02:59:05 PM »

3. I suspect also that the ability to go into negative points allows for fair and interesting bidding in the very earliest part of the game, when an early bazaar may come before someone has scored any points.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: