Wagon Moves to Unclaimed Fairy
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 04:14:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wagon Moves to Unclaimed Fairy  (Read 5347 times)
PellGanesh
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: May 25, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »

In a previous turn, the feature with a Fairy is completed and scored, so the Fairy stands alone on the tile. In a subsequent turn, a player moves the wagon to an uncompleted feature on the same tile as the Fairy (or perhaps a player could use a Magic Portal to the same effect). We let the player claim the Fairy because the Fairy is associated with the tile, so the player picked up points on later turns (not the turn he moved the wagon). But perhaps this is wrong, seeing as our player group agreed that only one player gets the points even though multiple players are on separate tile features. Thoughts?
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:29:44 AM »

If the wagon moves to the tile with the fairy, I think it would earn points from the fairy.

MrNumbers
Freeman

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »

Agree with Scott. Fairy is standing on a tile, so every follower can use her benefits. For example, she protects all followers on a tile from the Dragon, not only particular one. Similar question I had about City of Carcassonne, when followers are moved from the CoC to a scored feature with a Fairy, and community agreed that all players involved in scoring can receive Fairy bonus points.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:53:47 AM by MrNumbers » Logged
PellGanesh
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »

The point for the Fairy is awarded at the beginning of the player's turn. In the scenario I was describing, the Wagon moved to the tile at the end of the player's turn, after they happened to complete whatever feature they were previously on. The player wasn't on the tile with the Fairy at the beginning of their turn, so no point. At least that's how I see it.
MrNumbers
Freeman

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 10:46:18 PM »

The point for the Fairy is awarded at the beginning of the player's turn. [...] The player wasn't on the tile with the Fairy at the beginning of their turn, so no point.

Of course! In this turn wagon cannot receive 1 point, but in subsequent turns (if no one will take the Fairy) it can receive 1 point bonus.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: