Rules about Inns and Pendants
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 01:49:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules about Inns and Pendants  (Read 4209 times)
Deepblueocean
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:28:31 AM »

This deals with potentially all expansions but the question came up with inns and cathedrals, Does the inn/lake affect the entire tile? or just the road it's close to?

Specifically Tile: FRRR on page 25 of rule 5.0b9

The tile has 3 individual roads but the inn seems to be placed to affect only one road.

On that note, in Abbey and Mayor, the same question arises with the Pendant

Specifically Tile: cccc on page 62 of rule 5.0b9

The tile has 2 individually separated cities but the pendant seem to favor one city.

Thanks for all your help!
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:31:11 AM »

Hello and welcome to the Forum! I hope you're enjoying the game as much as many of us do here.

I'll take a stab at answering your question.

The Inns and Pennants may only be applied to one feature. In the case of the Inn it is the road segment that the Inn is most closely situated against (whenever these tiles are homemade care must be taken to situate the Inn closer to a certain road segment on the tile so it is not ambiguous). In the case of the Pennant it is the city that the pennant is situated on. There are some fanspansions that borrow on this concept as well, such as Wells - the well would only apply to the road segment it is most closely situated against.

How long have you been playing?

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Deepblueocean
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 12:26:56 PM »

Hey Carcking,

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here. I've played carcassonne (bought the big box 1) for about 6 months  and then hunters and gatherers for about 3 months.

That totally make sense and it has been the way we've been playing. Smiley I just wasn't sure if the tiles were made randomly for aesthetic reasons or did features on a tile had a specific meaning.  Thanks again!

One question down and many more to come Smiley hah.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: