Complete Annotated Rules v. 6.1
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 01:44:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete Annotated Rules v. 6.1  (Read 11839 times)
obervet03
Cottager

Merit: 3

Awards
« on: November 29, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »

Since the forums have traveled back in time to a point where the CAR was out-of-date, I'm re-posting the link to the current Carcassonne CAR. You can find it right here.

A newer version of the CAR is well underway, so if you're planning on printing one out, don't do it yet. Version 6.2 should be here within the next week or two.
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:53:24 PM »

In the last weeks Obervet03 and I wrote many emails.
We worked a lot - The translation from German to English and correction reading....

here is a link to our work - all for the next coming CAR 6.2
CARC_Zoner
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:33:47 PM »

Thanks for all the work on the Complete Annotated Rules!

CARC_Zoner
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:16:50 AM »

I also talked with Georg Wild and Christof Tisch about "Mage and Witch".
The information has obervet03, too.
But I don't posted it, of course the rule is right. Only our talk here in the forum (some month ago) - we were wrong of thinking about the meaning of the rules.
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 05:39:18 PM »

Here are the links to the story of the Dragon   -   this comes also in the next coming CAR 6.2

The Dragon and the Wheel of Fortune
The Dragon and the City of Carcassonne with the Count

Thanks to Obervet03 for the translation
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 07:56:05 AM »

Obervet03,

we need a new front page:
 - the picture can be delayed with the never published extension "Corn Cirles, Plague & Tunnels" 
 - new pictures of the Wind Roses, Little Buildings
 - new pictures of the Winter-Edition and the Gingerbread Man

I think Caryntjen did the new cover.
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 08:14:29 AM »

We also need a new "turn summary" from Skull One (the latest was on 22.07.2012)

kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:42 PM »

an Example of our finished work (Obervet03 and I).

Questions about Dispatches and the double turn with builder
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:14:44 AM by kettlefish » Logged
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 03:46:22 AM »

Here is the result of the Mini 5:

The Mage and the Witch

Skull One
Vassal

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 07:56:18 PM »

We also need a new "turn summary" from Skull One (the latest was on 22.07.2012)

I finally figured out the sequence of events needed to even post here now.  As soon as the site is back in working order I will be more than happy to take the CAR 6.2 base sequence (it has additions that I have not worked on) and review everything to see what adjustments are needed.  Will also start a new thread on the subject to get feed back.  Especially in light of the great suggestions that allowed me to reduce and clean up some really nasty event flow.
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »

Hi Skull One,

all what I have is the latest "turn summary" (22.07.2012). It is the basis for the CAR 6.1.
Obervet03 and I were working at the CAR 6.2 all the time when this forum was not online.
We wrote so many emails (translating and correction reading)
I think, that some of my answers from HiG at Essen are important for the "turn summary" and also the new minis "Wind Roses" and "The little Buildings".
Here is the link to all the changes from CAR 6.1 to CAR 6.2.

I'll copy my reply (kettlefish) here and yours (Skull One) to the Carcassonne-Forum. I'll also post there the latest turn summary (22.07.2012).

Here is a link to the copy of the Turn sequence (German: Zugabfolge) from the BigBoxes 1-4.

Obervet03 did the "Order of Play" (CAR 6.2 - page 149-153) alone.

All the new posts here at this forum will be lost.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:13:55 AM by kettlefish » Logged
kettlefish
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »

This is something what is also lost here in the forum, but it's already in the CAR 6.1 and CAR 6.2:

Questions by Scott and Answers by Christian H. - at the HiG-Chat:
Scott, 10.07.2012 16:34:
Greetings to everybody here. This morning at CarcassonneCentral.com was published the long-awaited sixth edition of the Complete Annotated Rules for Carcassonne. Our new editor, Christopher Ober, has added some color-coded footnotes, of which the red ones indicate questions that have been raised in our community but no official answer has been sought, so I think now it's time to take care of that.

If a player has a follower and a builder on a road and then extends the road with a bridge, does that trigger the builder's double-turn or is that only when the road is extended by a tile?
Scott, 10.07.2012 16:39:
At the end of the game when the score for the King is being calculated, are castles included in the tally of the number of completed cities? (I suspect not, but somebody asked.)
Scott, 10.07.2012 16:46:
Can followers in the castle quarter of the City of Carcassonne (Count expansion) be moved to a castle (Bridges, Castles & Bazaars expansion)?

Christian H., 10.07.2012 23:58:
Hi Scott,

I'll answer your questions:

1) A castle isn't a city. It is a new area. So it doesn't count for the City of Carcassonne (town-quarter Castle) and not for the King-Tile.

2) The Builder-Turn will be triggered by increasing the Area. This means by a tile, by the bridge, by placing the tunnel-marker. The Dragon eats the Meeples on the Bridge, too.
There isn't a difference between a wooden bridge placed by a player and a printed bridge like at the following tiles (see Link "Plaettchenliste" in the Infobox above on this site): TA (bridge over city), HB (bridge over road), GFluss4 and GFluss5. Bridges are handled as roads.

Yours sincerely
Christian
obervet03
Cottager

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 01:11:20 PM »

I finally figured out the sequence of events needed to even post here now.  As soon as the site is back in working order I will be more than happy to take the CAR 6.2 base sequence (it has additions that I have not worked on) and review everything to see what adjustments are needed.  Will also start a new thread on the subject to get feed back.  Especially in light of the great suggestions that allowed me to reduce and clean up some really nasty event flow.

Skull One, let me know if you would like the docx file for anything in the CAR to help you with the Turn Summary.
Albinoasian
Villein

Merit: 0

Living like a meeple

Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 02:11:31 AM »

Skull One, let me know if you would like the docx file for anything in the CAR to help you with the Turn Summary.

Is your working file a .docx?

I'd be interested to use it as a template for a fan expansion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: