Box to hold all games/expansions
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 03:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Box to hold all games/expansions  (Read 5231 times)
jungleboy
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:27:53 AM »

Hi all,

Since I live in a small apartment, I don't really have room for the original boxes of all the Carcassonne expansions that I intend to buy. I see in the Crafters' Guild that some people make their own, but I am handyman-challenged and must thus resort to buying a box.

I have seen this box on German Amazon, but it looks like it's just the box (and game) of the first version of Carcassonne: the City: http://www.amazon.de/Schmidt-Spiele-48142-Carcassonne-Stadt/dp/B0002TY1BS/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1357203529&sr=8-16

If so, does anyone know if you can get this box by itself or something like it? Unfortunately there aren't any photos of the interior so it's hard to know how much it can hold, whether there are divisions etc. I recall reading a few days ago that a (official?) box was released before expansions like Tower/Catapult were released, and was then too small once those expansions came out, though I don't remember where. I'm not looking to get either of those expansions anyway, so it might still work for me. Can someone who has this box please give me an idea of what can fit in it? Or if there are other (preferably wooden) boxes available commercially that could do the trick?

Cheers,
Nick
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:34:09 AM by jungleboy » Logged
Purity
Vassal

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »

there was a box available in the past of some dutch company (www.carcassonnebox.com -> page down meanwhile) which you can find every now and then on the (german) ebay... i dont think that wooden "carcassonne - die stadt" can be bought seperately and will hold that much tiles anyway.
Carcking
Authors
Marquis

Merit: 8

I call Red!

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:02:39 PM »

I use the big box - from the Big Box 3 edition. It holds all I could ask of it. I'm a completist so I have EVERY expansion in it as well as several (many) fanspansions from this site. There is still room for more...and I keep looking  Undecided

Who's your favorite? Knight, Thief, Farmer or Monk?

Find CC Fanspansions Here
Albinoasian
Villein

Merit: 0

Living like a meeple

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 11:08:30 AM »

Every time I find the perfect box it becomes too small after a couple years of expansions. So bigger is better I say. I currently use a toolbox. Not sure how much longer this one will last me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: