Cult, war and creativity
Carcassonne Central
March 29, 2024, 08:07:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Cult, war and creativity  (Read 75305 times)
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« on: February 17, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »

RGG:s take on the 6th expansion: http://tinyurl.com/3apbnj

"Three black tiles"  hmm ...

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:25:39 PM »

Nice find. Very interesting. I wonder if the 'War' expansion is similar to 'Cathars'?
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »

Nice find. Very interesting. I wonder if the 'War' expansion is similar to 'Cathars'?

Probably not. It looks to me as if he wants to actually make an expansion, and not just suck money from true fans of the game. Cathars could however use some reprinting. Well, to be honest: I've got no idea  Wink

dwhitworth
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:00:08 PM »

Hmm, So RGG invent another expansion (or maybe two if the black tiles are counted). I wonder if they will playtest it with all the other expansions and produce clear rules?   Smiley and I wonder if they will be 1st edition compatible or 3rd edition compatible Grin

Oh Well it will undoubtedly stimulate a lot more discussion here  - and give Matt some more work to do on the CAR.

It may also give us a small improvement to the game as well. At least we will get the Shrines in North America soon.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:51:08 AM »

So this expansion is 12 tiles in total, just nice for a mini-expansion-sized tuckbox...

And black tiles?  Hmm...

Also, do you think he'll print the set expansion logos on the tiles?

richardbrand
Cottager

Merit: 0

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 01:55:27 AM »

Bother - this is bad news in my book.

I was looking forward to getting the tiles from King and Scout that were marked in a similar way to my Big Box tiles.

What do to now?

I can only see one sensible way forward - I am going to have to buy the German version and the RGG version.

Bother.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:13:02 AM by richardbrand » Logged
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

Merit: 25

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 02:23:16 AM »

I agree. This is a real pain. Obviously, I'll want to have both sets too, and I guess many people will. And what do WE call these sets? Are they the US and EU versions of the same expansion? Are they two different expansions? Two different compilations? Yep, pain in the…

I'm thinking that we should set up an exchange network or something. Here's my three suggestions:

Like, I'll buy and post you the HiG edition if you buy and post me the RGG edition. Any takers?

Although I guess there aren't to many people around here who will have access to the HiG edition. So I there will probably be people who would like me to buy the HiG, which I'll post, in exchange for a transfer to my Paypal account. Again, any takers?

btw, @richardbrand: "Bog Box"?

LOL
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:24:56 AM by mjharper » Logged

Currently residing in the 'Where are they now?' file.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 02:25:52 AM »

I can only see one sensible way forward - I am going to have to but the German version and the RGG version.

Yep, that's what i'm going to do, get both versions! Smiley

@Matt: Unfortunately, I have already purchased the HiG version Wink ... I just couldn't wait! lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:27:55 AM by Joff » Logged
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 06:00:33 AM »

Does anyone know where I can find a look "inside" the box of K,C&C?  Is the only meeple in that box the count?

richardbrand
Cottager

Merit: 0

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 07:53:47 AM »

Bog Box? Oops...

Corrected now - thanks :-)
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 08:03:12 AM »

There's no reason to get the HiG version, since that's just a reprint of old stuff - and five tiles that's also included in the RGG version wich only gives you new stuff.

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »

I agree with Richard that this is bad news. I was expecting RGG to release just the five shrine/cult tiles and that would be the end of it, but adding his own War tiles? I smell GQ11 all over again. And the "creativity" part sounds really lame to me. If he wants to cater to fan-made expansions, just give us a supply of however many tiles we want through mail-order or something.

Like, I'll buy and post you the HiG edition if you buy and post me the RGG edition. Any takers?

I'm interested.

dwhitworth
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 10:39:31 AM »

I'm with Tobias on this one. I can just buy the RGG version and then I will have all the tiles. Admittedly the ones I have from the mini expansions won't be nicely marked, but the set will be comlplete without having to buy a second copy of everything except the hermit tiles in the HiG set.

In January when I was last in a games store here in Canada there were a lot of copies of all the mini expansions on the shelves. I guess RGG don't want to include them in a set like HiG did as it would make all this stock redundant - at least at the current prices.

The war expansion sounds like it may be a real expansion (with rules) - unlike GQ11. But the black tiles sound a bit odd, but I suppose we have to wait and see.

But I do like the idea of buying extra tiles ad-hoc from RGG. I have had them send extra meeples when a set was incorrectly packaged. They must have access to random parts. Maybe I will email Jay and ask.

Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »

Does anyone know where I can find a look "inside" the box of K,C&C?  Is the only meeple in that box the count?

The count is indeed the only token in the box. To take a look at the tiles you can follow this post: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=227.0
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 01:31:49 AM »

except the hermit tiles in the HiG set.
Hermit tiles?  What are those?

The count is indeed the only token in the box. To take a look at the tiles you can follow this post: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=227.0
Hmm... I was wondering how the box internals look and how much space was taken up by the tiles in the box, and not the tiles per se.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:33:47 AM by Novelty » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: