Obtaining extra meeples
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 02:27:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Obtaining extra meeples  (Read 69170 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 06:17:16 AM »

I think the orange set looks good.  I'll probably order one from the german ebay guy next month... hey wait, that's a few days away Smiley

Lardarse
Authors
Vassal

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 03:42:30 AM »

For keeping track of the longest road I use a brown meeple, and to keep track of the largest city I use a purple (royal) meeple, but to use a road and city piece from Catan is a good idea Smiley
I definitely like the road piece idea, although I was leaning towards using a crown for the king tile.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 10:14:30 AM »

I think the orange set looks good.  I'll probably order one from the german ebay guy next month... hey wait, that's a few days away Smiley

Peter (the German eBay seller) is a very helpful man.

I have ordered several items from him. One thing that amuses me though, i'm in the UK and can order something from within the UK and something from Peter on the same day, and Peter's items usually get here before the UK stuff! The German postal service must be very efficient indeed!
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 01:06:45 PM »

Funny you say that. I have had a similar experience, but ordered Catan-Austria on eBay almost two weeks ago from a 2500+ positive eBay seller and have yet to see it. Sigh. Usually fast, but not always apparently.

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
kjamma4
Freeman

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 05:40:04 AM »

Who actually manufactures the wood pieces used in the game?
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 06:33:08 AM »

Who actually manufactures the wood pieces used in the game?

I have no idea Sad
I'd love to know.
koolkat
Marquis

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »

Gepetto, perhaps. (from Pinochio)  Grin
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 02:45:07 AM »

Yet another update to this thread.

Upon browsing the web for game part suppliers I found this link:

http://www.spielmaterial.de/english/

There is plenty to look at here for those of us interested in game developing (including basic Carcassonne figures), but one thing did grab my interest:

If you click on Counters (in the sidebar menu) and then scroll down to the bottom of the page, check out the Customized counters / tiles section. It could be useful Wink
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:05:16 AM by Joff » Logged
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 04:07:28 AM »

Wow, 480 tiles for EUR100 (excluding shipping) sounds good.  And wow, they print the tiles out in colour, both sides.  This sounds like a nice plan Smiley

Laserschwert
Villein

Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 04:21:56 AM »

Wow, 480 tiles for EUR100 (excluding shipping) sounds good.  And wow, they print the tiles out in colour, both sides.  This sounds like a nice plan Smiley

I think you should've looked closer... you forgot the price for the actual printing (100 Euros for 10 sheets is just for the material):

Each sheet-design costs a setup-fee of 45 Euros... so you can get 48 different tiles on one sheet for 45 Euros... if you have another 48 tiles (different from the first sheet) on the second sheet, that one costs you another 45 Euros... and so on...

Example: Let's assume I want to print 2 copies your Forest-Expansion, and only use 144 of the 150 tiles (so that they fit on 3 sheets each), that would be three different sheets (each one having different sets of tiles), each costing 45 Euros setup-fee = 135 Euros. I print each of the sheets twice, so that's six sheets, costing 16 Euros each = 96 Euros.

So for two copies of the Forest (or at least 144 tiles of it... a total of 288 tiles), I'd have to pay 231 Euros...

Changes my enthusiasm a bit. But I've mailed them about options... like completely white tiles, tiles with only the Carcassonne-C on the back and so on. We'll see. Nice find anyway!!!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 05:26:20 AM »

Ah, I wondered what that EUR45 was for.  Thanks for the clarification.

OK, as of now, let's say we print 10 sheets (for 10 euros) of blanks to get 480 tiles.  That's 45 for the setup fee (I'm assuming they need to do it only once since it's all the same) so it's 480 tiles for 145 euros.  Hmm... and that excludes shipping.  3 tiles for a euro isn't that bad... but it's a lot of hassle to get it.

Laserschwert
Villein

Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »

I've asked them about blank tiles, and they're not going to make those (with the Carcassonne-C on the back) because of copyright reasons. So I doubt they'll be printing whole fan-made expansions Wink

Altogether it'll be easier to just buy another base game for like 10 bucks (that's how much you pay for them on eBay) and work with those tiles.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »

I'd like to get some new meeples, but I can't find any place to buy the mayor, cart, and barn.  Is that guy that has the German ebay store still in business?  Does anyone have his email?

Flee the fleas!
hester
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 05:26:27 PM »

His shop is closed, but some of his stuff is now being sold on ebay.de by "spieldomizil". They had a few meeple sets, but I think they didn't have any (yet?) that included barn, mayor and wagon. For the last few days the shop has been listed as "closed due to technical reasons" though...
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 08:29:29 PM »

Hmmm, so are there any other verified places that these can be purchased?  Many of the expansions call for the use of meeples from a bunch of other Carcassonne sets (or at least suggest their use).  So it would be great to get ahold of these somewhere.  Especially meeples like the Dragon, the Fairy, Huts, Discovery pieces, Castle pieces.  I emailed  HiG (assuming they have at least one person that speaks English).  Hopefully someone will get back to me. 

Flee the fleas!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: