Variants
Carcassonne Central
April 28, 2024, 01:01:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Variants  (Read 8352 times)
Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« on: October 10, 2008, 05:14:01 AM »

Hi, i want to know, if RGG or... HiG supports some of the variants seen here, many ideas here looks great, some other are clearly weaker, but who is the "officials" and the "fan based without any chances to be considered" variants??

the reason of the question(cuz i will explain myself before posting!) is to keep a log file of the variants that i will use, and dismiss.

but, holy macaroni*, some ideas are real great!!

*holy macaroni is not too offensive i wish!!!  Wink Wink  (it's a joke!) i dpn't want to shock, it's my new personnal quest!

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 06:34:05 AM »

I don't think RGG or HiG supports any of the variants here, but they don't mind that there are fan-made expansions with certain conditions (i.e. they are to be made freely available).

You are free to ignore any of the fan-made variants here and only use the ones you like.  You can setup your own list of variants you will play with and even create a post about it if you wish, stating why you selected those variants.  (I would avoid making a post about the variants you dismissed because that could be rude.)  And if you have fun with the variants you are playing with, please do tell the creators and thank them.  That's (almost) the only reward they get for making public the variants.

Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 07:54:16 AM »

for those who required some wooden figures, this would be fun to got some official ones... also for those who addind some tiles, it is easy to buy some extra CWC and K&S and stick some f the new pictures...

i'd wish tha RGG put some time on this part of the game, cuz variants make a new vision of the games... it costs almost nothing, it appreciated by the fans and it's freewilling by the players.

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:58:11 AM »

You can get other types of meeples from onlines stores.  Have a look at http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=433.0 to see the list of stores and the types of meeples they have available.  You don't have to buy them officially from RGG or HiG.

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 03:50:43 PM »

Actually Deatheux, that is an interesting idea... I've been toying with making the member profiles here more powerful, and it would be interesting to be able to pick a variant from the registry as put in in your profile information. Food for thought in the future.

To answer your question, there is no "official" variant, anyone can write one.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
jalle
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »

Why haven't the variants in the CAR been listed among the variants on the download page?
Tobias have a couple of good variants in the CAR, that surely should be in that list.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »

Why haven't the variants in the CAR been listed among the variants on the download page?
Because there's no stand-alone document that has been produced for those variants?  If someone formats them, I'll put them up.

Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 11:40:29 PM »

For the record: it is a different Tobias Smiley

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: