The Orders of Chivalry (formerly Arise, Sir...)
Carcassonne Central
April 28, 2024, 08:01:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Orders of Chivalry (formerly Arise, Sir...)  (Read 30450 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »

The roundel looks good too.  In fact I prefer them to the shields.

Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »

I think you are right. In this way chivalry icons will not get confused with pennants at all.

I will update rules and provide a zip file for download. Then we can call this completed.

Edit: This is now finished: The Orders of Chivalry
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:01:03 PM by Joff » Logged
wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 2

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 03:34:16 AM »

this is a great variation . we played it yesterday and it was easy to follow the rules and using the tiles !

plays with all official expansions + Gold Mines,Jousting tournament, Lavendar fields, Forests (partial), The orders of Chivalry, In the stocks, The gallows, archery tournament, the outpost, apothecaries and tithes, wells, wheatfields, grim reaple, Market commons and a lot of other german expansions.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 06:19:22 AM »

Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it Smiley
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »

During the a discussion on the thread of Evergreen Forest, the rules regarding The Orders of Chivalry were brought up:

Drawing of a chivalry tile

"When a player draws a chivalry tile he must play it to an existing city. If the tile can’t be played, it is removed from the game, the player drawing a new tile as a replacement from the supply."

Deploying a follower to the city

The player may elect to use the chivalry tile as a regular tile instead of exchanging a follower. If he wishes to do this, the player lays it in accordance to the usual rules. No player is able to exchange a follower on any subsequent turn using the laid chivalry tile.

Exchanging a follower

If the player places a chivalry tile onto a city that he has occupancy in, he may exchange one follower of his own colour for another of his own colour. For example, a Yellow regular Knight is deployed in a city. On his turn, Yellow draws and lays a chivalry tile that extends his already occupied city."

Because this topic was brought up, I found an ambiguity within my OoC rules Smiley

It is in this line "When a player draws a chivalry tile he must play it to an existing city. If the tile can’t be played, it is removed from the game, the player drawing a new tile as a replacement from the supply."

This states that the player MUST play it to an existing city... it should read "MUST play the tile" (or something like that), because a player might want to play the tile to the road, or extend a farm, etc.

The sub title 'Deploying a follower to the city' is also misleading.

An update to the OoC rules will change the text to read:

"Drawing of a chivalry tile

When a player draws a chivalry tile he must play it. However, if it is impossible to play the tile (and all players agree), it is removed from the game, the player drawing a new tile as a replacement from the supply.

Using a chivalry tile as a regular tile

The player may elect to use the chivalry tile as a regular tile instead of exchanging a follower. If he wishes to do this, the player lays it in accordance to the usual rules. No player is able to exchange a follower on any subsequent turn using the newly laid chivalry tile.

Exchanging a follower

If the player places a chivalry tile and extends a city that he has occupancy in, he may exchange one follower of his own colour for another of his own colour. For example, a Yellow regular Knight is deployed in a city. On his turn, Yellow draws and lays a chivalry tile that extends his already occupied city."

Edit: New Rules: The Orders of Chivalry v1.2
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:50:26 PM by Joff » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: