Little help with new exp
Carcassonne Central
April 25, 2024, 01:52:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little help with new exp  (Read 13680 times)
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »

Hmm... that size is very small; if people want to use card sleeves they will be out of luck. Standard Euro-sized cards are 59mm x 92mm. Mini-Euro size is 45mm x 68mm.

http://maydaygames.com/sleeve-chart.jpg

neosatan
Nobleman

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »

Up with cards.

// Cards are now in Mini Euro format (45 x 68 mm) So sleves can be used.

I am not happy with them yet, but I present work in progress.

How do the rules go so far?
Each player do not get any bridge, castle or tower piece at the beginning of the game. Players do get a wagon Players also recive randomly two of marketplace, quary or lumber camp. Players can gaind resources by placing wagon on a road that is connected to city/cities with marketplace, quary or lumbercamp. Player that started game is also a player that will roll resource dice. There are tree of them. One is a coin dice, four sides are with coin, stone and wood dice have tree stone or wood images. When on a dice is a resource and player have a wagon connected to the structure that produce that kind of resource player recive a resource card.

At any tme of the game players can trade resource cards. Cost of the trade is managed by players.

I want to do a trade table. for now it would go like this
2 coins = 1 wood
2 coins = 1 stone

Structures that can be build/bought:
-bridge (3 stone/1 wood/ 2 coins)
-castle (5 stone/ 2 wood/ 10 coins)
-tower (1 stone/ 1 wood/ 2 coins)
-marketplace (1 stone/ 3 wood/ 1 coin)
-quary (0 stone/3 wood/ 1 coin)
-lumber camp (2 stone/ 1 wood/ 1 coin)

-vine cellar for cloisters (3 stone / 3 wood / 4 coins) (when placed on cloister, after finishing cloister players get vine resource)
-farmers house for road junctions ( 2 stone / 2 wood / 4 coins) (when placed on road junction it is placed with grain token, when any of road is completed then that player is given that grain token)
-granary (3 stone / 1 wood / 4 coins) ( placed on farm, it prevents placing a barn on that farm)

thinking about some more structures, but I have a dilema... Focus on strutures that give resources? Or focus on structures that give some protection? Or focus on structures that give some points?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:37:48 PM by neosatan » Logged
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »

Ok, so it looks to me that the way in which resources are obtained has changed, that it no longer has anything to do with the T&B trade goods. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think you are saying that the way to gain resources is to build a marketplace in a city, then build a quarry or lumber camp outside of the city, and finally connect the two with the wagon.

I would suggest that the resource dice are re-rolled during each player's turn, once wagons are in play. Is it ok that all players collect resources each turn, as in Settlers, or do you want to limit resource collection to the player whose turn it currently is?

The dilemma between what to build is an inherent part of a game like Settlers. People develop different strategies for when to switch how much focus on gathering versus defending. That will make your expansion more interesting.

neosatan
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »

Well, the T&B trade goods are still in game, and thouse rules are unchanged. Only resources that are obtained in this in this way are building resources: wood, stone, and coins.

I was thinking that either: players roll dice each turn and gather resources for themselfs, or one player role dices and all players gain resources. But still, I will check it in a test game.

Hmm... I think that I will build up some sort of three diffrent types of strutures (beside thouse that I mentioned earlier), one for defending, one to score points, and one to gain resources/trade goods. I think that for most advanced strutures there will be cost in trade goods.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »

Ok, I'm going to leave it with you for the time being. When you have thought about and developed things further, I would be happy to continue commenting.

quevy
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »

would be an idea to use the cards drawn to indicate the resources acquired, each side of the card is different, from 1 to 4 streets, city or grass, the combination of these resources may indicate.
Same thing if you add cards amateur rivers, mountains and forests.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:40:05 PM by quevy » Logged
quevy
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »

First sketch

neosatan
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 03:47:34 PM »

That's nice. Only that rock could be changed to a hill or somethig like that Smiley I like the cart.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: