New Forums - the guide
Carcassonne Central
April 20, 2024, 07:07:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Forums - the guide  (Read 6787 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« on: November 16, 2008, 07:40:38 AM »

[OK, so I'm recycling one of the lesser used sticky posts for this]

I just want to give out a bit more detail about the new Workshops and what goes where.  I'm sure there'll be lots of confusion initially, but hopefully the mods will keep that down when necessary.  Remember these forums are for fan-made stuff.  The 4 new forums are:

Expansions Workshop
Post in this forum all fan-made expansions for the carcassonne base game.  An expansion is something with new pieces, it may or may not have new rules.  New pieces are stuff like using the huts from H&G in the base game or new fan-made tiles.

Variants Workshop
Post in this forum all fan-made rule changes and different ways to play without adding any additional pieces.  This is where house rules and different ways to play the base Carcassonne game should be posted.

Spin-Off Workshop
This is really two things merged into one.
1. Post here any fan-made Carcassonne standalone game/spin-off.  If you are making a carcassonne game with hexagons, post it here.
2. Post any fan-made expansions for Carcassonne spin-off games like H&G and AotC.

Crafter's guild
This forum is for posting about:
1. How to craft stuff, make tiles, paint, photograph, etc.
2. Showing-off the stuff that you've made

Right, so here's a Q&A.

Q: Where do we talk about official (not fan-made) expansions?
A: We have usually used News to talk about the News, Rules to talk about the Rules and General to talk about non-News and non-Rules stuff.

Q: I have a question about a variant or expansion.  Where do I post it?
A: If it is a question about a fan-made variant, post it in the Variants Workshop.  Likewise, if it's one about a fan-made expansion, post it in the Expansion Workshop.  If it's one about an official expansion, post it either in General or Rules, whichever is more appropriate.

Q: I'm making this new game about colonising Mars with tiles.  Where should I post it?
A: Feel free to use either the Spin-off Workshop or Other Games.

Q: Help, I posted in the wrong forum!
A: Send the moderators (Tobias, canada steve, mjharper and Gantry) a PM and ask them to move the post.

Q: I made a nicer catapult.  Where can I post about it?
A: Crafters' Guild.

Q: I need help with my expansion.  Where should I post?
A: If it has new pieces, then post in the Expansions Workshop.  If it's just different rules, post in the Variants Workshop.  If it's for a Spin-Off, post in the Spin-off Workshop.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:06:09 AM by Novelty » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: