Apothecaries and Tithes
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 02:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apothecaries and Tithes  (Read 44254 times)
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2008, 01:49:49 PM »

Brilliant.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »

You can find it on the Public Downloads page as well.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2012, 04:19:59 AM »

Ideally, I was hoping to have updated the FoY and Brewery files in the dowload section before I posted this, but since I have been unable to do that I am going to begin this anyway:

The revision of my first expansion, Apothecaries and Tithes, has been the most complex/ involved so far, involving several different 'threads':

Firstly, as much as I didn't want to do it, I figured due to the nature of the revision that tithe barns should be split off and be a separate expansion. The new title to this part is 'That there may be food in my house' (part of a quotation from Malachi, the full quote is in the rules document). There is also a new watermark and a reduced number of tiles. The new tiles+rules can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?miqw0r4g668yi26

Secondly, herb trade goods are now being separated from apothecaries and are being changed into salt trade goods, and will be combined with cocoa traders, which will be renamed Salt and Cocoa Traders (or perhaps something a little more imaginative). More on this one later...

And finally, what is the fate of the poor old apothecary? Despite having lost its rules to salt traders and split off from tithe barns, apothecaries will still be around, and given their own, completely new, rules as the Apothecaries expansion.

The rules aren't quite finished yet, but here is a sneak peek:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:43:45 PM by meepleater » Logged

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »

The apothecary expansion is finished! Rules+ tiles can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?d5nn7uk7ichra0r

Take a look and let me know what you think!

Night
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 09:11:41 PM »

We enjoyed a game a few days ago using the Tithe Barn expansion (short name!).

It was quite a wild ride at times. Good fun.

Question 1. If you place a tile which both completes a tithe barn as well as completing a feature at the same time - does a follower that is on that feature (city/road), count when numbering up the number of followers on the TitheBarn tiles?

In other words, does the tithe barn scoring happen simultaneously to the scoring of the feature OR - is the tithe barn scored after the follower on the now completed feature has been removed?

Point 2. In our opinion, the scoring is a bit high, perhaps a little too influential. Nonetheless it made it pretty interesting.

Good work.
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2012, 05:02:18 AM »

Thanks for sharing! In regards to question 1, tithe barn scoring would be simultaneous, so if followers on now-completed features were within range, then they would count.

As for point 2, what sort of point reduction would you recommend? I normally play larger games, so I haven't found them overly influential, but for smaller games I can see your point.

Night
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »

Yes, you're right, with larger games it would be less noticeable.

When we played there was usually a lot of action on the tithe barn tiles (so 9 tithe barns = around 100 points of scoring or thereabouts). On that occasion we were playing a relatively small game (2-3 expansions i think)

Getting whooped with a 14 point drop is also pretty massive - but i like adding the risk element for placing farmers.

All in all though, I would still reduce it a bit. maybe 6 (for max # followers) and 4 (or even 3, for the farmer). Total of 9 or 10 for the Tithe Barn winner, and likewise a 9 or 10 drop for the farmer who gets stung.

We'll play it again sometime soon, and see how it goes, I might even try the lower scoring option and let you know.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: