Music
Carcassonne Central
April 27, 2024, 12:57:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Music  (Read 16263 times)
Wishmaster
Count

Merit: 4

I've got Purple Meeples!

WWW Awards
« on: January 21, 2009, 09:00:40 AM »

I asked for the Anything Else section so I guess i better post something in it!  Grin

What sort of music are people into here?

My tastes are mainly Rock orientated. Can't stand Hip Hop and all it's derivitives, don't mind a bit of Classical, quite like some Film Scores. Not over keen on some of the basic rock guitar bands that continually crop up on UK music TV. British Radio and TV has this ting about having loads of stations dedicated to music but all playing the same stuff and ignoring 95% of whats actually out there!

My first choice list contains:

Deep Purple (especially the 1970's)
Blackmore's Night (seen them 4 times, waiting for new dates)
Rainbow

(Well that's all the Ritchie Blackmore connections sorted!)

Nightwish (Symphonic Metal from Finland)
Within Temptation (Holland)
Epica (Holland)
Edenbridge (Austria)
Kamelot (USA)
Leaves eyes (Niorway)
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin

...and a lot more!

Time for one more daring dream...
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »

I have a fairly extensive music collection. In our house, the stereo is on all of the time, the TV is only on ocassionally. Smiley
I have quite a variety of tastes that span many musical styles. Here are the highlights:

Classic Rock
Pink Floyd
Uriah Heep
Boston

Folk
The Decemberists
Garnet Rogers
Stan Rogers

Modern Rock (Includes many genres that I do not understand, I call them all Rock) Smiley
Hawksley Workman
Doug & The Slugs
Talking Heads

Blues
Robert Cray Band
Long John Baldry
Downchild Blues Band

Composers / Soundtracks
Basil Poledoris
Ennio Morricone

New Age or Whatever You Want to Call it. Smiley
Mike Oldfield
Jean Michel Jarre
Enigma
Deep Forest

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
mjharper
Administrator
Baron

Merit: 25

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »

http://rateyourmusic.com/~mjharper

(Lazy, I know…)

Currently residing in the 'Where are they now?' file.
Bixby
Count

Merit: 12

Guinness is Goodness

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »

That is COOL. Thanks for sharing. Now to build my collection / ratings.

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:08:43 PM »

My tastes range from classical to folk to blues... and The Beatles.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »

These days, I'm hunting down Japanase robot cartoon theme-songs from the 70s and 80s.  I think it's just a weird phase I'm going through with music.

mjharper
Administrator
Baron

Merit: 25

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 12:23:07 AM »

Aye, 'tis a great site. And very easy find / add really obscure stuff. I just feel a little guilty that I haven't actually rated much of my music…

Currently residing in the 'Where are they now?' file.
koolkat
Marquis

Merit: 5

Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 02:37:03 PM »

Well to tell you the truth, I don't care about names. If I like a music track, I try to get it and listen to it. Don't care if it's from The Beatles, Matt Bianco, Bethoven julio Iglesias or Mr. XPTO. I don't listen to names, I listen to music. The same goes for movies. Except Meg Ryan. She's a must. Smiley
tribepride
Vagabond

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »

I'm a much bigger fan of last.fm.  i will be lazy as well
http://www.last.fm/user/tribepride/

works great for recommendations once you've listened to a few good tracks.  the rec's the site gives you are supplemented by the 'neighbors' list it creates of people with similar tastes.  I've found so many great bands just by clicking on other profiles and picking bands from their lists I haven't listened to...

sic semper tyrannis
Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 08:25:36 AM »

ultimate band: TOOL, Fear Factory, Slipknot, System of a Down, NIN, Jesus & Mary Chain, Mononc'Serge, Primus

Styles: Alternative, Nü Metal, Industrial, Death, Metalcore, Comedy Rock, Grindcore. like, Korn, Jesus Lizard, Skinny Puppy, Cannibal Corpses, Killswitch Engaged, Despised Icon, Breaking Benjamins, Glueleg, Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine, AxCx, Pigmy Love Circus, RHCP, les Denis Drolet, Tenacious D, Dead man in Reno, Négresses Vertes(Mlah!), Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Opeth, Ministry, KMFDM, Suffocation, Job for a Cowboy, Ramones, Clash, Tea Party, Creed, Thrice, Green Jellÿ, Sonic Youth, Live, Death, Incubus, Kittie, Quicksand, Type O Negative...

Former Band signer : Lé Mammouth / Ankrys. A.N.K.O.A. is my next project...

Cannot tolerate, classic rock, black metal, pop rock, punk, emo, power metal.

i own almost 1,000 ORIGINAL CD, with less than 10 CDR impossible to find due to the DAMN OBSOLETE PRODUCTS.

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Wishmaster
Count

Merit: 4

I've got Purple Meeples!

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 10:02:58 AM »

Cannot tolerate, classic rock, black metal, pop rock, punk, emo, power metal.

I just knew you would be into all those sort of bands!!  Grin

So, what's your problem with Classic Rock? Deep Purple, Rainbow, Zep, Sabbath... without them you'd never have got any of the stuff you're into!

Time for one more daring dream...
Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 04:22:29 PM »

So, what's your problem with Classic Rock? Deep Purple, Rainbow, Zep, Sabbath... without them you'd never have got any of the stuff you're into!

i really got NOTHING about those bands, really nothing(i must admit BTW that they brings the music to the next level and open the way to what the music is now) but, i will not start to purchase those olds bands, like i don't want to buy a carbonite bar to my girlfriend, i want to buy her a nice diamond rock!!

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »

I have a fairly extensive music collection. In our house, the stereo is on all of the time, the TV is only on ocassionally. Smiley
I have quite a variety of tastes that span many musical styles. Here are the highlights:

Composers / Soundtracks
Ennio Morricone

from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!  My favourite spaghetti western of all time!! If you've never seen this classic movie, go see it now!

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 11:08:30 AM »

I mostly enjoy rock, accoustic rock, bluegrass, modern Christian worship music (it's really a genre of it's own), classical, and opera.  My favorite currently is a combination of rock band and orchestra like the Metallica Symphony & Metallica album, The Last Action Hero soundtrack, most anything by Michael Kamen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kamen, and original Apocalyptica.  My favorite artist is Christian singer/songwriter Michael Card whom I've had the pleasure of working with.  I also can't stand most hiphop/rap stuff.  Although, I do have a friend who's a Christian hip hop artist and I can tolerate some of his music.

Actually I am a real live opera singer, a tenor.  I haven't done any real singing in months, but I've been in a couple of operas and had a few lead roles during college.  If you had told me 10 years ago that I would sing, let alone enjoy, opera I would probably have laughed at you.  I studied music and voice at school and developed a real taste for classical music.  It kind of ruined me for a lot of other stuff.  My wife is a violinist.

Flee the fleas!
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 01:23:17 AM »

Well, I live in a house that includes two teenagers, so I hear all sorts of rubbish er... musical styles. Some 'pop' music is ok, I suppose, but you can't beat Rolf Harris Wink

I was into Rap/Hip Hop when I was younger (much younger  Grin), my favourite Hip Hop artist at that time being Derek B (British), but now I have aged, I am not all that keen on that sort of music any more.

However, my favourite artist is Don Francisco (www.donfrancisco.com). Don is a Christian songwriter.

I play drums and guitar.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: