Abbey and Mayor Missing Parts
Carcassonne Central
April 27, 2024, 12:04:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abbey and Mayor Missing Parts  (Read 5121 times)
Beast
Vagabond

Merit: 1

Awards
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »

Cry  I just purchased Abbey and Mayor and was disappointed to find that the brand new game is missing 3 of the wooden pieces.  I've tried to contact Rio Grande Games using the email form on their website, but to no avail.  There is no phone number by which to contact them.  Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so, what was the resolution?  Besides outright returning the game, does anyone have suggestions (besides making my own barn, mayor, and wagon)?
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:58:24 AM »

Contact Jay direct by e-mail and not by the Rio Grande Website form: riogames@aol.com or cafejay@aol.com.

Rio Grande customer support is exteremely good, but sometimes their web form doesn't work properly!
Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:49:19 AM »

I entirely agree. I had a damaged piece when I bought the Big Box. I found Jay's email either on this forum or somewhere similar and he got it fixed right away. Later, I had three damaged tiles in my Cult, Siege, and Creativity set. I used the RGG web form: nothing. Since Jay was at Essen at the time, I got frustrated and emailed the people who sent it to me. They got back to me the next day with a replacement box. I ended up giving the damaged set to my friend with a new Carcassonne base game for Christmas. He doesn't care about petty tears as I do.

Of course I gave him a copy of the CAR too, since the original rules need annotating and were probably still 3rd edition (we didn't check).  Wink

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Beast
Vagabond

Merit: 1

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 05:42:48 PM »

Cheesy I just heard from Jay.  Says he's send replacement parts within 2 weeks.  Sounds like all will be well soon.  Apparently I was just a little anxious.  Thanks for the additional contact information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: