New Forum Reorganization!
Carcassonne Central
April 27, 2024, 09:44:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Forum Reorganization!  (Read 10735 times)
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« on: March 01, 2009, 10:37:15 PM »

Just a note to all members, we've been planning a forum reorganization for quite some time. However, there is no easy way to do it, there might be some confusion so please read this carefully. What we're doing is this:

• The Variant Workshop has now been renamed to The Variant Workshop (original).  This board is where all variants and expansions are currently being discussed, and will be soon phased out.
  • Four new board have been created that will take the place of The Variant Workshop (original).
  • The four new boards are sub-boards under The Workshop. You cannot post in The Workshop, it is only a place to group the new boards:
    • Expansion Workshop - A place to discuss fan-made expansions, which add new rules and components.
    • Variant Workshop - A place to discuss fan-made rule changes.
    • Spin-Off Workshop - A place to discuss for fan-made Carcassonne Spin-offs, and fan-made expansions and variants of official spin-offs, such as Ark of the Covenant.
    • Crafters' Guild - A place to discuss making physical things like boxes, tiles, printing techniques, etc.

So where should you post?  For now, post in Variant Workshop (original) for all variant and expansion posts if you aren't sure.  Otherwise, post in any of the four new boards.  Moderators are going to be taking a number of days to move posts into the new boards, and they will not use a redirection topic, so you may think your post is gone.  It is not gone, only moved to one of the new boards. Once this process is complete, The Variant Workshop (original) will be empty and deleted. Please have patience during this process!

If you lose one of your recent posts, the easiest way to find it is to go to Profile, Show Posts.  It shows the path to the location of your posts.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »

Yes! Finally.  Thanks Gantry!  Doin the wave

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:00:10 AM »

Update: Novelty's lightning-quick reflexes have helped complete the move to the new boards, thanks Novelty!

Variant Workshop (original) is no longer available.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 12:08:32 AM »

I didn't have permissions to move anything from any other forums to the new forums, so the other mods will have to do that.  If anyone notices anything that needs to be moved, please do not hesitate to contact any one of the mods or myself - but I'm not a mod, so I'm not sure how much of help I will be Smiley

hester
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 6

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:28:30 AM »

Great concept! That'll make it so much easier to find exactly the kind of "game modifications" you're looking for, without having to sift through everything.  Smiley
canada steve
Global Moderator
Marquis

Merit: 7

Forum Moderator

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 08:38:39 AM »

One thing I noticed. On the main forum page the sub catagories for workshops are now listed under a Childs Board section Huh? Lips Sealed

Cheers

Canada Steve
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 08:41:55 AM »

One thing I noticed. On the main forum page the sub catagories for workshops are now listed under a Childs Board section Huh? Lips Sealed

Child boards are just one way of organizing boards under a category. Once things settle down, I'll see about either grouping them or mixing them in with the main boards at the same level.

wicke
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »

Great Gantry, even though I won't be spending much time here,
but it will surely be easier to find things you are looking for.
canada steve
Global Moderator
Marquis

Merit: 7

Forum Moderator

Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 07:48:27 AM »

Gantry I was taking the pee mate  Grin Childs board...get it !!!

Cheers

Canada Steve
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 02:08:07 PM »

Doh

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »

One more update to report: the Strategy board has had so few posts that we decided to move all of the existing posts into General, and delete Strategy (with the exception of 2 posts that were more appropriately filed into Rules).

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »

Wow, I didn't even noticed it was gone.  I presume all strategy articles go into General in future?

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »

yessir

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: