Breweries (previously titled 'beseiged cloisters')
Carcassonne Central
April 24, 2024, 08:52:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Breweries (previously titled 'beseiged cloisters')  (Read 60398 times)
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »

Sorry about the wait, and the quality of tiles is not that good... but here they are...

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 12:19:57 AM »

Looks good, although a bit overexposed.  Maybe you should try flickr.com instead to see what happens.  You could also get the rules template from Joff and try your hand at writing the rules as well.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 01:05:31 AM »

You mean the blurriness? That is nothing to do with the image host, they were like that when I made them, unfortunately. I'll drop Joff a pm later...

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 03:04:21 PM »

I've written the draft rules... do you know where I could host it?
EDIT: Never mind;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/emhqmommhmz/Breweries01.doc.pdf

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 03:19:00 PM by meepleater » Logged

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 02:29:12 PM »

Any comments, changes, opinions, problems, questions etc. Huh??

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »

Sorry A, but I haven't have the time to go through it yet.  Perhaps this weekend...

Hopefully, my post won't be deleted by the mods!

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 04:06:41 AM »

Very good rules, and I see from the rules the tiles are actually the correct colour.  Maybe you should PDF the tiles as well and make that available.

As usual, bold = additions, strikethroughs = deletions.

Preparation: Shuffle the twelve new tiles in with the rest of the tiles, and play the game as normal with a few changes as detailed below.

1. Place a tile: You might want to use the word "drawn" instead of "shown".

Also, what happens to the tile that is replaced?  Does it get discarded, back to the supply, etc.?

Can the reverse also happen?  Can a player replace a besieged cloister with a normal cloister?

2. Deploy a follower:  I think you need to move the sentence "The old cloister piece is now discarded and no longer used in the game." to the previous section and replace "old cloister" with something less ambiguous.  I suggest "replaced".

3. Score: Range is a funny word.  How about describing it as affecting 9 tiles?  or better still, supplies ale to 9 tiles?

I like the examples!  The fonts look good.  There's a bit of "black space" which looks out of place on the last page, but it doesn't make or break anything.

Good work!

Edit: Looking through the tiles, you have 2 river tiles.  How do these work when playing with River or River 2 rules?  Do you still shuffle them with the rest of the tiles as the preparation section says, or with the river tiles instead?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:08:58 AM by Novelty » Logged

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 02:32:43 PM »

Okay, made suggested changes, v.02 of the rules here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d2wj1ihimez

Tiles can be downloaded from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0mj2mzyrohh
(warning, the file is quite big, and tiles are not very good quality, I may have to touch them up a bit)

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 07:06:45 AM »

Almost there, as usual, bold = additions, strikethroughs = deletions.

2. Deploy a follower: No piece may be placed A player may not play any followers or the pig or builder or barn on a brewery, it cannot be owned by anyone.

3. Score: A brewery supplies ale to 9 tiles; itself, and the 8 surrounding tiles.

Example: Four Oof the nine tiles making up surrounding the cloister, including the cloister tile itself, is supplied with ale by four of them also overlap with the nearby brewery’s ale range. tThese four tiles are worth three points each,

Final scoring: At the end of the game, each cloister scores the same normally, with the exception that tiles that overlap with are supplied with ale from the breweries are score only worth 2 two points instead of three.

Example: Green scores 2 points for the four tiles overlapping with the cloister that is supplied with ale,
and one point for each remaining tile, for making a total of 12 points for green.

Footnote 1: Only cloisters gain tThe brewery bonus is only awarded to cloisters, it does not affect contribute to the scoring of shrines or abbeys, and has no bearing .  Breweries are not taken into consideration for the placement of shrines and cloisters adjacent to each other and have no effect on shrine / cloister challenges between shrines and cloisters.

Question: Does this mean that if the cloister wins a shrine / cloister challenge, the player only gets 18 points as per the rules?  Or is the bonus added of the score of whoever that wins the challenge?  I think it would be unfair to add it to the score of the winning cloister but not the winning shrine.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 06:17:19 AM »

Sample tile for meepleater to check.  A, please confirm that all the elements for the basic brewery is in the tile before I create the other 12.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »

Yep... looks good. I'll be done with the rules soon...

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 11:49:13 PM »

Latest version:
v.03
http://www.mediafire.com/?5ymqnwzxywz

It took a long time, there was a problem with the text accompanying the examples, i had to totally redo it when I edited the text...

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2009, 02:12:47 AM »

Here we go.  Strikethroughs and bolds as usual:

Preparation: Shuffle all the twelve new tiles in with the rest of the tiles if using playing with the fan-made rivers Fishermen expansion. If using playing with either or both the River or the River 2 II expansion, separate out shuffle the two tiles with river segments tiles and shuffle them into the other river tiles. If not using any river expansion, discard the tiles with river segments. Play the game as normal with a few changes as detailed below:

Place a tile, second example: The middle field is the only field that the city is in borders (farmer scoring).  A better way to say this would be "The city only borders the field in the middle of the tile."

Score, first paragraph, 3rd sentence: If two or more breweries overlap on supply ale to the same tile/s, only one bonus for each the tile only contributes a maximum of three points to whoever scores the cloister goes to the owner of the cloister.
(Note, if 2 or more tiles are supplied by ale by 2 or more breweries, then that sentence above is still valid)

It's almost there.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2009, 02:58:23 AM »

Those changes didn't take very long:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytditjwxmdw/Breweries04.doc.pdf

Btw novelty, how are the tiles going (along with wishing well?)

EDIT: How come my posts aren't going up? I've been posting heaps lately and my posts have only gone up by one in the past week or so!?!??!

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:06 AM »

Here are the tiles.  If I have time on Saturday (which I doubt) I'll get wishing wells going.

With regards to 0.4:  The box on page 2 is misaligned.

A comma is missing in the sentence "If two or more breweries supply ale to the same tile , the tile only contributes a maximum of three points to whoever scores the cloister." (3rd sentence, 1st paragraph, Score)

Question, when you replace a cloister, can you still deploy followers as usual?  This needs to be written at the end of Deploy a follower.

Also, I think the first paragraph of Deploy a follower should be moved to the end of Place a tile.

Still looking good, but remember, haste makes waste!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: