*Another* Solo Carc Variant- but a little different...
Carcassonne Central
April 27, 2024, 05:48:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *Another* Solo Carc Variant- but a little different...  (Read 4751 times)
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »

This is a Carc Variant, which uses no meeples, next to no scoring, and I've found it to be addictive.

Requires:
Base Game: Remove the CCCC and most CCCF and CCCR tiles... also the FFFF tiles are useless.

I also Recommend:
The Count: Tiles only
Traders and Builders: All tiles (remove CCCC tiles for something simpler).
Inns and Cathedrals: Only use Cathedrals if you're up for a challenge.
The tower: Remove the CCCC tile, and any FFFF tiles.
GQ: Remove river and pig herd tiles.
Princess and Dragon: Maybe remove one CCCF tile?

How to play:
Toss all the tiles into the bag except the Count, if using it (which I strongly recommend). If not, use the starting tile from the base game. Then draw tiles one at a time from out of the bag and build onto whatever you've started. The aim is to 'complete' the map so there are no unfinished roads or cities.

If, partway through the game and you complete everything, you win!
If you place the last tile and you have completed everything, you win!
If you place the last tile but you have not completed everything, you get 1 point for every open end in a feature (even if three roads could be completed by one tile, you still get 3 points, and if one road is open at both ends, you get 2 points).
If you do not win, you need to try and get as low a score as possible. If you can't place a tile, discard it from the game.

I recommend using the count because it is more challenging. No, it is not impossible. Just make sure you include as many CFFF and RFFF tiles as possible...

Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:24:24 PM »

I like this idea of completing things.  Sometimes when I play vanilla and I'm awaiting my turn, I mentally see what tiles I need to complete all those features.

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: