Super hero movies
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 10:39:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super hero movies  (Read 38839 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2011, 10:55:01 AM »

I hated the Tim Burton Batman film (and the others in this series). When I first saw the opening to the film, it looked promising but, and I might get tons of flak for this, Jack Nicholson's Joker was awful and made the film silly. It didn't get any better in the following films either. However, the 'reboot' Batman films (Nolans) have been absolutely excellent.

It was the same with Hulk. Lee's adaptation was not a good one at all. It probably wasn't Lee's fault, he had to deal with an entire generation growing up to love Bill Bixby and unfortunately the movie goer was expecting to see echoes of the TV series. The 'reboot' was much better and gave nice 'nods' to the TV series.

Yeah, the Batman movies were a little campy, kinda like the old series.  I think that's what they were probably going for.  I think the Avengers' Hulk will be the best, but my favorite Hulk line so far, "don't make me hungry, you won't like me when I'm hungry."  Grin

Edit: THIS was released today.  It's out of the bag now I guess.  Wink
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:11:10 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: