City Council
Carcassonne Central
April 27, 2024, 11:51:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: City Council  (Read 22817 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 11:06:32 PM »

It sounds like you can't have more than one at any given time.
Yeah, you can't have more than 1 (either in play or in your supply) at any one time.  I need to learn how to read better as I missed out rule #4 Angry

You shouldn't have to keep track of who played which veto tile.  For every 50 points, you get a veto tile added to your supply if you don't have any in your supply and (I'm assuming) if you don't have a veto tile on the board with one of your followers on it.
I guess that means you still have to hunt on the board to see if any player has a veto tile.  It's not make or break I guess, just an extra hassle, but it's end of the game hassle so, it won't interrupt gameplay.

I guess you probably shouldn't get penalized if you have a veto tile in your supply.
I can include that as an optional variant in the rules.

I'm also going to guess that the veto tile doesn't complete any features that it touches.  Should that include the veto tile not counting for cloisters as well?
Your guess is as good as mine there.  What shall we do about that?

Whaleyland
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 28

Often the loser, but still undefeated.

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 11:44:42 PM »

I'm also going to guess that the veto tile doesn't complete any features that it touches.  Should that include the veto tile not counting for cloisters as well?

It should say something about that in the rules. I don't believe it does. Cloisters and shrines/cult places should not be excluded. At the end of the game, does a veto tile end adjacent features or are the features still considered incomplete as in during the game?

'There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter'.
- Napoleon Bonaparte I, Emperor of the French (1804-1814, 1815)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 12:47:14 AM »

At the end of the game, does a veto tile end adjacent features or are the features still considered incomplete as in during the game?
I'm going to say that if it's incomplete during the game, it should be incomplete at the end of the game.  Its status shouldn't change just because the game has ended.

Edit:
Rules are here.

Two things to note:
1. The rules currently allows a player to have unlimited veto tiles in play but only one in their supply.  This follows chrallan's version closely.
2. I've made the statement that veto tiles do not complete any adjacent features.

As usual, comments welcomed.  chrallan normally visits during the weekends, so hopefully he'll be here this weekend.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 02:09:34 AM by Novelty » Logged

Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 07:15:03 AM »

Here are my comments and suggested edits:

-I'm not sure if it's just me, but the blue background looks very choppy.  I'm not sure what could have caused that.

-What about playing tiles adjacent to a veto tile?  That should probably be mentioned in the rules as well.  I'm going to vote that a newly drawn tile may not be placed next to a veto tile in play.

==Preperation==
"At the beginning of the game, take one less veto tiles than there are the number of players and set these them to one side.
Shuffle the new tiles with the other tiles."

==Obtaining Veto Tiles==
"When a player completes a lap around the scoreboard (crosses the 50 points mark),(comma) they may claim a Veto tile and place it in front of them."
-Using the term "may", does that mean it is optional to claim a veto tile?

"A player is not allowed to have more than one unplaced Veto tile in front of them at any given time."

==Placing a Tile==
"The tiles are placed in accordance to the normal rules of Carcassonne."

"The farms on this tile are is continuous connected under the bridge.

"A player with a Veto tile may use it when an opponent finishes their placement of a tile, but before that player places a follower or scores."
-I don't think that it should be before placement of the follower. If that's the case, then I'd play a follower with the land tile as I'm putting it down!

"The Vetoer (the player who is playing the Veto tile) declares out loud that they will are vetoing the tile placement, and removes replaces the just placed tile and places with their Veto tile in its place."

"The player whose turn it current is and who was just vetoed opponent must place their tile elsewhere in accordance to the
normal rules of Carcassonne."
-This paragraph should be added to the previous paragraph.

"The Veto tile is then set aside and can be claimed by another player when they make another loop around the score board."

"If the player who is being vetoed is also in possession of a veto tile,(comma) they have the option to counter veto."
-I'd also move this paragraph up one paragraph.

==Score==
"A city with part of its walls wall bordering a Veto tile is not completed."

"As a result, any mayors in the city count as 0 towards scoring when determining the majority."

===EDIT===
Here's a PDF for the Veto tiles: http://gwommy.tripod.com/carcassonne/VetoTiles.pdf
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:33:44 AM by Gwommy » Logged
chrallan
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »

Hey guys. I just wanted to say "WOW" on the development on this expansion. I haven't been on here in a while and I am blown away with the discussion. Also, I really like how the new tiles look as well as the veto tiles.

Edit:
I don't think my name should be taken off of the game since the only thing I didn't contribute were the tiles. Especially since this thread was dormant for 5 months and I didn't check back.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:42:20 PM by chrallan » Logged
Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »

I was checking out this expansion because I like the idea of the veto cards. The archive in the download section however, is missing the six new tiles with the pennants  Wink
Maybe the issue can be fixed sometime ? I downloaded the tiles from the link you (Gwommy) provided on the 1st page of this topic.

Edit: The file with the Veto-tiles has 10 on it instead of 5. Maybe it's possible to remove the exra 5 and replace them with the 6 other tiles ?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:32:18 PM by Sekim » Logged
Gwommy
Count

Merit: 30

Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 02:07:12 PM »

It seems like I recall this being an issue, and I had thought that I sent Novelty the corrected version.  I could be wrong, as it was a long time ago.  I'm actually camping right now for 2 weeks, so Novelty, if you need me to send the corrected files, it may have to wait until I get home since the internet connection here is super slow.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 02:10:39 AM »

The file with the Veto-tiles have 10 images, but you need all 10 to make the 5 tiles since the veto tiles have that image on the front and the back, similar to the abbey tile.  What is missing are the new city tiles with pennants, which I've now uploaded to the public downloads page.  Try it again and let me know if it works.  Thanks!

Oh and enjoy the camp Gwommy - from the updates you've been giving it sounds fun Smiley

Sekim
Nobleman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 04:25:30 AM »

Works perfectly  Wink

Thx for your time and effort :meeple::meeple::meeple::meeple::meeple:
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 04:38:32 PM »

If anybody is looking for something to do, this expansion is very close to completion. It looks like everything needed to finish it off is scattered across the thread.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: